Converting to electric start questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Savage 21 with a pull start. I want to convert it to electric start. My LHS suggested I just buy a one way bearing and use a cordless screwdriver. It's less expensive that buying a Rotostart. In another thread here one poster questioned whether an electric screwdriver turned a high enough rpm to start the engine. I have the 12v DeWalt cordless screwdriver.

So my question is what do you guys recommend cordless screwdriver or Rotostart. If you recommend a Rotostart what part number for my Savage 21 engine.

A cordless drill will work fine. Note i said drill, not driver. A driver may not turn fast enough, and you will have to find a special shaft.

But ive been using a 12v drill for almost as long as ive had my savage, and on mulitple engines.

I use a roto on my Savage, it turns faster than any 12volt drill and using the roto unit and wand makes it very easy to get started....

Says right in the description it fits 21/25 engines, so i would have to say yes.....

Well one could always call the number and ask them if it fits I suppose, save a bit of headache down the road also.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back