Converting Savage x 4.6 to electric

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eatonb1

Hello everyone. I have a Savage x 4.6 I am thinking about converting to brushless. I am thinking about using the Kershaw designs mount and trans parts to do the conversion http://www.kershawdesigns.com/SavageBrushlessConversion.htm does anyone have any experience with this kit? Is it any good? Then I need the new brushless kit. I don't want to spend much more than 150. I was looking at the hobby King kits or a castle. Do you have to run two batteries on these set ups? Thank you

You can run one or two batteries. As for the conversion parts go with fast lane machine products. Just finished my conversion on my truck.

If I did the fast lane motor mount what trans pieces will I need to convert the trans? Only reason I was looking at the Kershaw design kit was because it came with the parts to convert the trans too

I think I am going to go with the Kershaw designs set up to convert the trans to a single speed plus I get the motor mount and battery trays. I'm also looking at the hobbywing 150a quicrun with 2000kv quicrun motor. Is this a good set up? Also what pinion should I be running with a 44t spur? I will be running on 4s

Not sure about hobby wing set up. But with my mamba monster x with a 2200kv motor I went with the stock fliux spur and pinion gear for starters.

I think I am going to go with the Kershaw designs set up to convert the trans to a single speed plus I get the motor mount and battery trays. I'm also looking at the hobbywing 150a quicrun with 2000kv quicrun motor. Is this a good set up? Also what pinion should I be running with a 44t spur? I will be running on 4s
What did you end up going with?

Can some one send me a list of gears ill need to do on my savage x electric conversion and the cheapest place to order them fro.

Can some one send me a list of gears ill need to do on my savage x electric conversion and the cheapest place to order them fro.

Gives you a walk through on the parts I believe. It shows this part:
https://rc4me.us/product/hpi100905/

I didn't rewatch it to see if there were other parts though.

If you want a full list of what are needed for the conversion:
https://rc4me.us/2019/01/11/hpi-savage-nitro-to-flux-hp-conversion/
That's awesome that you guys took the time to hammer that out. $110 for the conversion isn't bad at all.

I'd still opt for at least the 9T pinion and 29T bevel, so about $40 more.

Your conversion links to the 29T diff assembled which has the 11mm cups. I'm not sure, are the 11mm ID cups the ones for the super duty big bones?

That's awesome that you guys took the time to hammer that out. $110 for the conversion isn't bad at all.

I keep almost getting pulled in with that sort of thinking. Truth is, if you don't have a worthwhile 1/8 combo (esc, motor) and batteries/charger you could still spend several hundred dollars more.

That's when I think about just buying a new/used Flux and keeping my Savage a nitro.

Then I drive my Notorious and completely forget about buying a flux..... :D ;)

I keep almost getting pulled in with that sort of thinking. Truth is, if you don't have a worthwhile 1/8 combo (esc, motor) and batteries/charger you could still spend several hundred dollars more.

That's when I think about just buying a new/used Flux and keeping my Savage a nitro.

Then I drive my Notorious and completely forget about buying a flux..... :D ;)

Yeah, your not wrong. $350 to convert... can't recall what I paid for my flux used, but it needed another $100-$150 worth of stuff as it was more abused than the photo's let on and it had stuff on it that didn't work well. At least if your converting your own, you know the provenance of it.

I like my outcast as well, but I still enjoy my flux. More so now that parts are becoming much more readily available. My outcast is about the only big RC I've driven since I got it in July. I think I took the savage and ERBE out once or twice. Otherwise, I take my outcast and either my 4pede or eJato as I can carry both a big and little truck down 3 flights of stairs to my car at the same time. Carrying 2 big trucks exceeds my bag's capability. :)

If you want a full list of what are needed for the conversion:
https://rc4me.us/2019/01/11/hpi-savage-nitro-to-flux-hp-conversion/

I notice on your site you state that the hpi 102534 flux conversion kit doesn't come with a esc mount,
I have used the hpi flux conversion kit,
It comes with absolutely everything to convert from nitro to electric,
It only requires an esc and motor to build my savage xss to complete flux Hp spec,
Hpi don't show all the parts included in their stock photos is all?

You will need to change the plastic spur gear for a metallic one. Thats 37$ more.

I made my own motor mounting plate and locked the stock internal gears in the 2 speed transmission of a Savage 21:

You can tell that my favourite sports are cutting, drilling and filing, LOL

To get it running I only had to buy:
- Metallic Spur gear
- Battery boxes
- 29/9T Diff bevels and pinions. ( I did not change the diff drive cups, wheel axles and dogbones.)
- Esc & motor.

I saved some money but had a lot of entertainment.

You will need to change the plastic spur gear for a metallic one. Thats 37$ more.

I made my own motor mounting plate and locked the stock internal gears in the 2 speed transmission of a Savage 21:

You can tell that my favourite sports are cutting, drilling and filing, LOL

To get it running I only had to buy:
- Metallic Spur gear
- Battery boxes
- 29/9T Diff bevels and pinions. ( I did not change the diff drive cups, wheel axles and dogbones.)
- Esc & motor.

I saved some money but had a lot of entertainment.
Nice job! (y)

BTW, 44T metal spur gear is $14.99 :)
1548212929542.png

Good price for the spur, but RC4me spares are not available for me yet. I live in Spain. My country is not listed in the country shipping options.:(

I know this is an old thread, but here goes.
I've got the nitro savage with the upgraded 3 speed transmission. anyone know if i can convert it to electric and still keep the 3 speed tran?

It will destroy your transmission and u won’t have reverse and need to figure out how to run mechanical brakes...better off just getting flux transmission

Latest posts

Members online

Back