Convert HPI Savage X to XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlllSkilll

Will the hpi savage xl octane twin vertical plates work for the savage x 4.6 to xl conversion or do I need to find the regular xl 5.9 tvp??

I guess with some modifications they can be made to fit but best way is just go with the XL 5.9 TVP's and don't
forget you need a longer rear dogbone.. :)

I guess with some modifications they can be made to fit but best way is just go with the XL 5.9 TVP's and don't
forget you need a longer rear dogbone.. :)

Do you know any online sites where I could find the tvp for the xl or after market tvp. I've checked eBay and Amazon and all I ever see is the tvp for the xl octane. Also in integy a good brand?

Ebay should have them.. Try and search for TVP's HPI #73941, #86080 (engine plate) and the longer dogbone #86054

Or do a Google search for these part numbers and check for some local bobby shops..

If you want to go with aftermarket (not just tvp's) stay away from Integy...!!!!
Only good product they have for a savage are the rear tie rod eliminators.. Rest is crap.

Try www.fastlanemachine.net for XL tvp set or another set of extended tvp's.
Or www.innovative-rc.co.uk has some good tvp sets..

Ebay should have them.. Try and search for TVP's HPI #73941, #86080 (engine plate) and the longer dogbone #86054

Or do a Google search for these part numbers and check for some local bobby shops..

If you want to go with aftermarket (not just tvp's) stay away from Integy...!!!!
Only good product they have for a savage are the rear tie rod eliminators.. Rest is crap.

Try www.fastlanemachine.net for XL tvp set or another set of extended tvp's.
Or www.innovative-rc.co.uk has some good tvp sets..

Yea i was only going to get the tvp from integy. So I shouldn't bother with the intergy tvp?

RC Monster sells the parts iirc. And you might find them on ebay.
There are several tvp sets, if you found the ones you want just google the partnumber and you should find them.

Also search on eBay for an XL roller. Some one might have killed an engine so will sell chassis & diffs etc for parts. I just bought a barely used XL chassis, bp diffs, engine mount, tank & skid plate for £70 so there is stuff out there.

How do you even order of off fastlanemachine I see prices but no add to cart
I just got a set of Flm ext TVP's last week. eBay, 'Mega-rc-guy'. I've never seen the Irc products to compare it to. But the Flm stuff is amazing, way better than the stock x or xl plates. Makes the truck way more rigid, low center gravity and the look beauty

Thanks everyone I ended up finding all the parts I need for the length on rc planet. I'm going to try out the integrity tvp because everything I've seen on ebay is over 120$ with shipping to get it to Canada.

For the width now I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182169266146 I need to know if that's every thing I need for the Axles. I also need to find the xl diff cups but the only ones I see on ebay go for 35 bucks for 2 and that's not including shipping anybody have ideas where I could get a better deal for the diff cups?

Thanks everyone I ended up finding all the parts I need for the length on rc planet. I'm going to try out the integrity tvp because everything I've seen on ebay is over 120$ with shipping to get it to Canada.

For the width now I found this on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182169266146 I need to know if that's every thing I need for the Axles. I also need to find the xl diff cups but the only ones I see on ebay go for 35 bucks for 2 and that's not including shipping anybody have ideas where I could get a better deal for the diff cups?

Not sure where you are in Canada, but check out hobbyhobby.com. They are an online store and have a storefront in Mississauga Ontario.

Latest posts

Members online

Back