Contaminated brakes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

My brakes don't work, I've gotten rid of the spring on the linkage and used a piece of fuel tubing and they still wont lock. Buddies SS disks with the AA battery pack are insane! They flip his truck over.

Mine are the ceramic/composite fibre...I don't know/ disks with metal caliper jaws. The disks were red when I got it, they're black now, presumably caked in oil from the breakin/tuning rich exhaust. And they don't work worth a ****.

Do you think brake cleaner will wreck the disk rotors?

Two things:
Get one of these http://mrcmodelcarparts.com.au/front.asp?pid=10&ProductID=VEN2067GR. They are great for many reasons and one of them is that they help keep the car clean especially the brakes.

Secondly give your pads and rotor a clean with some isopropyl alchohol. I am fairly sure that won't hurt the rotor and it will impove breaking dramatically.

If that still doesn't fix it and you have the stock servos. Think about beefing up your steering servo and use the old steering servo as a throttle servo. Also replacing the linkages with the ofna set of linkages also helps a lot.

Yeah, after I broke it in I put a pipe on there directing the exhaust away.

I didn't have rubbing alcohol, but I did have brake cleaner which is why I asked. But I cleaned the **** out of them with the cleaner and today I was able to accidently do front flips with my truck. So, mission accomplished :D lol

Cool. Its good to have around. It dries so quickly its nice for cleaning other parts too.

I definitely want to upgrade the linkages on this though. Just looking at the angle my brakes engage on this arm. I could have so much more leverage if it were done differently.

Just bend the brake arm or replace the piston and rod. It's worth about $3 and it should straighten that arm up. Basically I have found on my truck that the edge on the rod which pushes the piston out gets worn and the arm that comes off the rod ends up leaning over more and more.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back