Complete Tear Down And Clean what to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

what do you guys use for to completely clean your rc's? I'm going to be tearing down my savage and clean it up really good and replace old parts with some new ones. do you use a big bowl and some warm soapy water or something else? something that wont stink up the place. thanks.

shark

That'll work.. dish soap some simple green or something like that. And I use a tooth brush.. works great.. and for a start.. I use the engine degreeser the foaming kind you spray on ..get it anywhere ..I spray my truck down with that first to get alot of the heavy stuff off first.. then spray off with water hose ..makes little cleaner to take inside the House before a full tear down..

take engine, electronics, trans out. spray with simple green. blast off with hose, hit it with a leaf blower and shes clean.

yup simple green with WD40 mixed in and a tooth brush or paint brush with 1/2 the bristles cut off to make it stiffer and some air or maybe a straw duck taped to a shop vac (an old TV VCR repairman trick) lol

how do you guys fully clean your engines out side that is? any special way to do it i know that i shouldn't get anything on the inside but the outside is nasty.

alright cool will do, yeah I'm doing a complete tear apart and clean, just hope i can remember how to put it back together lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Back