clutch springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

Hop got me a set of sweet nova shoes and mugen springs. I love the shoes but want the clutch to engage sooner. Right now I don't have any weights in the truck. If I go to the stock HPI springs the clutch should engage sooner right? reason is with the sts.30 it is crazy when you gun it with the mugen springs. wheelies like crazy. if I go to springs that will grab sooner so the engine has less time to spin up I should get a better launch off the line. Am I right or wrong?

I CAN'T SAY WITH ANY REAL EXPERINCE IN THIS CASE BUT, FROM WHAT LITTLE i DO KNOW IS THAT IN A COMPETITION RACING APP, DRIVERS HAVE A COMBINATION CLUTCH SHOE SET. TWO SHOES ARE YOUR PREFFERED BRAND AS LONG AS THIER NOT ALUMINUM. SPRING ONE IS MEDIUM TENSION, SPRING TWO IS MED-HIGH TENSION, AND SPRING THREE IS HIGH-VERY HIGH TENSION WITH AN ALUMINUM SHOE. AS FAR AS BASH SETUPS GO, i WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THIS OFNA MADE THE STRONGEST OR SHOULD I SAY STIFFEST SPRING BUT, I'M NOT SURE. I DO REMEMBER THAT THESE HIGH TENSION SPRINGS CAME OUT OF A BUGGY TYPE 1/8 RC CAR

if you go for an earlier engagement you may run into problems getting the truck to idle, your theory on engagement sounds about correct

as for the stock springs over the mugen ones, it depends on the size of the spring. i would guess that you stock mugen ones are 1.0mm, maybe pick up some .9mm to see if there is a difference

for racing usually a slighter later engagement is prefered as you can sit on idle and rev up higher without moving. good for on the grid when normally the engine idles and bogs down. usually stalls

Latest posts

Members online

Back