clutch spring issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope. stock HPI. but even the *** plastic shoes and stock springs don't go in the grove...

ya when i get that i will use it. but for now, ill just use the stock springs but with alum shoes. should work fine.

take a flat head screw driver and push the tab into the groove. those springs should work just fine with the hpi pilot nut.

ill have to try it one more time. ill get this truck worken yet!

I am sure it is already this way, but its hard to tell from the pic, make sure the curvy end of the spring is sitting in the groove properly.

ya, all i did was bend the springs so they all had diffrent tension... joy. so stock springs for now. ill just order up the mugen nut and springs again!

I had the same problem too. You're using aluminum shoes right? Make sure not to use too big shims. I bought some .03 shims at my LHS and the springs fit into the groove after pushing them down. They now sit in there fine.

are you talking about shims under the collet nut? i got the shoes on with stock springs. i plan on orderin the nut and springs. i messed the other ones up trying to "bend" them to my will.. they won... joy.

Latest posts

Members online

Back