clutch problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N713TL

Hello everybody new to the forms here .. well I am hoping for some insight here . The question I have is how long should I be getting out of my clutch shoes ??? Ive had my savage xl for a year and have had more issues with the clutch then any other rc I've had . They seem to wear super quick . I have put the stock replacement shoes no others the spacing and washers are correct the bearings are good and using ceramic type . The wear patterns are I get to much build up on the bell I've replaced the bells because of the build up . Thru shoes them selves break on the mounting holes and wear sloppy I wish I had a pick to shot but they are in pieces lol the only thing which I've changed is the wheels and tires which are 3.8 Mt that fit for the savage xl the drivetrain moves right and the brakes don't drag at all I've tried 2wd and 4wd with the same results. Any advise would help to what I'm doing wrong and if anyone knows of a chart that mite be out there that shows the right and wrong wear of the shoes

What tires specifically and spur/cb gearing are you running? Sounds like your geared too tall for the clutch, or your springs are too weak causing them to drag at low RPM's, or springs too stiff causing it to not engage well and building up heat. Or your getting oil in there somehow promoting slip.

I can't tell for sure from what/how you typed, but you haven't tried any other shoes than stock alloy ones?

Can't imagine it's the tires then. Those look smaller than or at least similar to the proline trenchers that a lot of people run.

I'm running 17/47 with an LRP28. I was running 16/47 for quite a while. I did pull my engine recently to switch to 17 and noticed the shoes were pretty worn... but they were the old HPI teflon shoes and probably had at least a gallon or two of running on them. I do run smaller/lighter tires though. I run traxxas 3.8" chevrons. For most of the life of that clutch though, I was running the t-maxx 3.3 tires on 17mm traxxas geodes, which are a bit larger and heavier than the chevrons.

I just received a 7075 aluminum flywheel/shoe set from Integy. I run their 7075 shoes on my SB revo and they have held up nice, so figured I'd try their 3-shoe savage setup. I won't know how they hold up until next year, but I'm intending on installing an 18T bell as even with the 17T, I'm getting tons of wheelies and hit top speed in a pretty short distance.

Mines a savage-x though, so it's shorter than yours which means it takes less effort to pull a wheelie and I have to be pretty easy on the gas off the line.

I get the wheelies to but I stiffened the rear suspension to combat that lol . was gunna get the 7075 shoes I'm kinda of tired of dishing 60 on shoes lol I'm getting about a gallon fuel per shoes. they wear faster if I'm in grass . I'm just wondering what to do bout the shoes . Maybe a bad flywheel not sure and never ran into this problem this is not my first rodeo lol

That's what I thought with the gallon .. I just got tired of doing wheelies all the time gone through to many body lol n wheelie bars . I blowout the stock tires on pavement. I do a lot of pavement prowling then dry dirt and bmx track runs

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back