Clutch Engagement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blazer X

I'm running nova shoes with a axial 32, 3 speed, and 16/49 ratio. It has a good idle but it seems the clutch is slightly engaging at idle and lunges ever so slightly. I currently am running the nova screws on the farthest hole away from spring and they are hpi silver springs. Anyone have any experience with this. Should I move the weights in one hole? If I do that will make the clutch engage later right?

Well I found on my nova shoes(iam running the mugen 1.1 springs) there super hard...btw. I ran the sts with no weights and the clutch would hardly engage (at like 1/4 throttle ) didn't like that.. so I put both sets of weights on closest to the pin .. engages ALLOT better now.... hope this helps try some different springs.... here is a link... http://cgi.ebay.com/MUGEN-C0708-3PC...ryZ44028QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I run Nova shoes with Mugen 1.0 springs. I don't use any weights and my Axial doesn't have a problem engaging the clutch. I like it because when it idles I can roll it anywhere because the shoes aren't engaging. As soon as I give it some gas it goes no problem. Bottom line Nova shoes/no weights with Mugen 1.0 springs work awesome with an Axial .28.

Members online

No members online now.
Back