Clutch Bell Stiff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage89

My clutch bell on my S25 seems stiff it cannot move freely been this way since the motor was put back together ive taken it apart and put it back together added washers took some away cant figure it out is this common and easy to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
the bearings are good I'm asumeing or you woulda seen them as being bad right? how about the screw in the crank shaft? does the cb stick out far enough that when you tighten the screw it pinches the cb ? might need to take a washer out behinde the cb before you tighten the screw all the way ...hope it helped you out good luck happy bashn..

the bearings are good I'm asumeing or you woulda seen them as being bad right? how about the screw in the crank shaft? does the cb stick out far enough that when you tighten the screw it pinches the cb ? might need to take a washer out behinde the cb before you tighten the screw all the way ...hope it helped you out good luck happy bashn..

Bearings are brand new not even run yet the screw is all the way in haven't taken all the washers out ill have to try that next.

ok its the washers behinde the cb and infront of it if there is any... its just pinching the cb when the screw is tightend... there should be just enough gap that lets the cb spin freely but not enough slack that it wears on the bearings....spin it with your fingers before reinstaling it and make sure its good... also put blue loctite on the screw but don't get any on the bearings. so it don't come lose...hope it helped good luck happy bashn..

ok its the washers behinde the cb and infront of it if there is any... its just pinching the cb when the screw is tightend... there should be just enough gap that lets the cb spin freely but not enough slack that it wears on the bearings....spin it with your fingers before reinstaling it and make sure its good... also put blue loctite on the screw but don't get any on the bearings. so it don't come lose...hope it helped good luck happy bashn..

I should get rid of the washer thats on the bottom before the first bearing?? the bearing would then be right on the shoes wouldnt it

Just make sure the washer that you have behind the cb isn't too large that it rides on the outer race of bearing. It should only ride on the inner race.

Thanks for the help guys ill have to try again after work and see whats going on

There is a very small shim between the pilot nut and the rear bearing and should be riding on the inner race. Although it not a very bad thing to have the rear bearing ride on the pilot nut, it is better to keep that washer there and add/remove other shims you may have in the CB setup.

Latest posts

Members online

Back