clutch bell getting hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notched306

the clutch bell is getting to hot just sitting there not driving and gets hotter when driving,i put new clutch shoes in but re-used the springs.could the springs be to weak and causing the shoes to drag on the bell?

the cluch springs could be to weak and every time i chang cluch shoes i chang the springs just to be on the safe side

Yeah, lowering idle would be the easy way to eliminate this as long as the motor will stay running.

i just put new springs and i have teh idle as low as i can get it without stalling.its melting my plastic spur gear

if you pick if up do the tires turn ? IF they do you need to lower it and tune the LSN not to stall

if you pick if up do the tires turn ? IF they do you need to lower it and tune the LSN not to stall

they do not turn.ive been having my brother(killergsxr1)helping me with this.we are both scratching our heads right now.I'm gonna order a vented/racing bell and give that a shot.the springs i went with are the ofna gold ones.those were a mofo to put on lol

i have found that if you run alloy shoes in the stock bell they will constantly slip, causing the heat buildup. if this is your set up then the issue will go away when you switch to the racing bell

like i said,I'm gonna order my 15 tooth vented bell and put my 52 metal gear in then no more strip gears lol.

also teh bell isnt to tight either.i have not to much and not to little play.it will spin for about 15 seconds on its own

i have found that if you run alloy shoes in the stock bell they will constantly slip, causing the heat buildup. if this is your set up then the issue will go away when you switch to the racing bell

i have heard that also but I'm running teh stock plastic ones,or i think they are plastic lol

The bell shouldn't get hot just sitting there though. You said in the original post that it is getting hot when just sitting. The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the bearings or the shoes rubbing. Weird. If the shoes aren't rubbing it doesn't make any sense for there to be that much heat!

are the pins in the flywheel all the way in. i have had a flywheel have a pin come out just a little and rub the bell but it was vented so it just shut the motor off at idle.

is the clutch shoes burred? what about the collet might be to worn and freely spinning on the flywheel. :dunno:

The bell shouldn't get hot just sitting there though. You said in the original post that it is getting hot when just sitting. The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be the bearings or the shoes rubbing. Weird. If the shoes aren't rubbing it doesn't make any sense for there to be that much heat!
heres teh funny part,the shoes have no signs of wear on them,they look teh same as when i put them in lol
are the pins in the flywheel all the way in. i have had a flywheel have a pin come out just a little and rub the bell but it was vented so it just shut the motor off at idle.
nope,all pushed in,no marks inside the bell

is the clutch shoes burred? what about the collet might be to worn and freely spinning on the flywheel. :dunno:
are you talking about the small brass taper'd cone looking thing that goes on the shaft then the flywheel goes over that?if so its brand new,it came with the motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back