clueless ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I have about $150.00 max...
To spend on a digital video camera .. what is a nice one to get and like I said 150 shipped ...

Thanks for any help :40:

Last edited by a moderator:
been looking at ebay .. and overwhelmed by all the bling.. thanks for the help crash . and fx

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing I know for sure that everyone should be aware of: Go for the OPTICAL zoom. Digital zoom is ok, but it's not that great and it blurs the picture (less quality). The more optical zoom the better if you want to be able to zoom in on things and get a perfectly clear picture. That much I know for a fact. My Kodak camera looks great while I'm in the optical zoom range, but once I get into the digital zoom range, I'm not at all happy with the picture quality.

The only other thing I'm not happy about with my Kodak is that in lower light, it takes a very dark picture. The Cannon cameras I've seen are much better picture in lower lighting conditions.

Another thing to consider with digital video cameras is the media on which it records. Some have built in hard drives, some burn direct to a CD-R or DVD-R, and some write to removable media (SD cards, etc.). What you want to get depends on how you want your info to come out. I personally don't like the ones that write to CD/DVD cuz you have to keep buying media for them. With the hard drives or removable media, you can just plug the camera into your computer and upload (or with the removable you can also just pull out the card and plug that into your computer if you have a card reader). I would tend to lean more toward one of those options, personally.

Just my thoughts...hope that helps!!

Looks like a good choice bud. Hope you like it!

Members online

Back