close one!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev544511

get a load of this, wired up a pig tail switch and 1200 humpack in my rig and boy that feels warm ,,puff!!!! the 5cell smokes out the whole kitchen. had to unplug it and throw it out the back door into the closest snow bank.lol

what do ya think had it plugged in bacwards? ugh probablly

luckily nobody was hurt

I put lots of tape on the wires just to remind me to plug it in the right way every time. I did the same thing and the hot wires burned into my skin when I tried to unplug them. It was like being cut by a super hot, razer sharp blade.

Oops, I would have to thing it was backwards.

I kind of did the same thing once. LOL. It was my first Mini LST battery. I ran it dead then needed to leave for home about an hour drive. So I plugged it in to my old charger which needed 12V so I put it in the trunk and pluged it in to the plug in there and set it to charge for 45 minuets. I got about half way home and heard a poof poof sizle, I'm like what the heck is this car doing all the suddon I remember **** i have the battery inthe trunk charging. I hit the off ramp which was right there nail the brakes hit the trunk pop grab the MLST with battery on it and wip it into the ditch. I grabbed a pliers out of the glove box go to the truck pull the pins and yank the battery out using the plier and throw it away grab my truck head back tord the car and check it out. I was lucky and truck was good other than a little post was melted a bit. Moral of the story I forgot to change the charger to charge at 1amp not 2. Now i have a much better charger which has control. I guess we all have our stupid moments and close calls.

Members online

Back