Clicking sound???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2opony92

I've had a strange clicking sound coming from my SavageX 4.6 for the last day or two, I can't seem to find where its coming from, I can hear it as I run the truck but if I put it on my stand or hold it and throttle it the sound isn't there.

any ideas you can share with the newb.

thanks

I would check the ring and pinion gears in the diffs. Good luck finding the problem.

when you go to check your diffs check the bearings as well do to they may have som slop to them causeing them to have some side to side play. or they might just be junk run normal wear/tear and would need replaced to.

I had a similar problem with my Savage and it turned out one of the bearings had come about on the diff. So be sure to pay attention to that part.

Well I found the problem, it was a rock stuck between the left rear diff cup and control arm. When raised it didn't make contact with the cup ann once put on the ground it rubbed against it. Glad it wasn't something major.

Well I found the problem, it was a rock stuck between the left rear diff cup and control arm. When raised it didn't make contact with the cup ann once put on the ground it rubbed against it. Glad it wasn't something major.

don't you hate that!!!

Looks like I spoke too soon, I ended up opening the front diff cover found almost half of the teeth on the pinion gear were gone. So later today I'll be heading down to the LHS and picking up some parts, any suggestions on what else to pick up now that I have it open?

I've had a strange clicking sound coming from my SavageX 4.6 for the last day or two, I can't seem to find where its coming from, I can hear it as I run the truck but if I put it on my stand or hold it and throttle it the sound isn't there.

any ideas you can share with the newb.

thanks

the clicking sound is in the diffs i had that happing the diffs will look fine but see if they move side to side mine had a little play causeing it to click

Members online

Back