Clean Tire Removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOOBEEWHA

HPISF languist expert
=========================== CLEAN TIRE REMOVAL ==============================

Depending on what glue was used,.. Tires are usually glued with a C.A. in some form or another.

Heat is what's needed to break down the C.A. glue. Heat starts to melt C.A. at 225 degrees or
abit higher.

If you don't care for the rims, you can boil the tires for about 10-15 mins. on high temp setting.

Before boilling, drill holes in the rims inner hub, so the hot water can enter the inside of the tire.
This helps get the tire heated evenly.

Once boiled, pull one tire at a time from the pot, leaving the others to maintain their heat.

-----Grab some rubber gloves to handdle the boiled tires.

Attempt to free as much of the tire from the rim as you can without ripping the bead and then set
aside. Repeat until all four have been handdled.

You can also you can bake them at 225 degrees for 20 mins. and do the same as above.

-----Grab some cloth gardenning gloves to handdle the hot baked tires.

These processes can cloud or disfigure the rims appearance. Consider the rims toast.

Fingernail polish remover is basically paint thinner.==USE SPARINGLY==
Thinner based solvents breakdown the tires rubber strength and in some cases, melt the rubber.

Tonikeys supplement:
Acetone, which is sometimes found in nail polish remover, is a commonly available solvent capable
of softening cured cyanoacrylate. Nitromethane is also an excellent solvent. Methylene chloride is
the most effective but is toxic.

While pulling away the bead from the rim, apply the remover and let it do it's thing.

The bead should loosen as you keep the pulling presssure on the tire.
I would use an applicator like a fine tipped paint brush to apply the polish remover on the tough
spots of the tires bead.

By doing this procedure this way, you don't have to rip the bead to shreds and ruin the tire surface.

=================================Good Luck.=================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken from Wiki..............

Acetone, which is sometimes found in nail polish remover, is a commonly available solvent capable of softening cured cyanoacrylate. Nitromethane is also an excellent solvent. Methylene chloride is the most effective but is toxic.

Thanks Tonikeys... I just added your remark to the openning post.
That's good info, bud.
Thank you for sharing it.

MMMMMM Hot Baked tires. smell sooo yummy. most likely heat method will waste your rims, heatwise cosmetically as well as just distorted from pulling on the tire to remove it, be sure to plan wheel replacement, not 100% but quite likely.

Yea... No doubt...
I think I mentioned that the process will make the rims toast, at some point.

Now... If I can just prevent getting slammed up side the head with a cookie sheet for making the oven smell like a melted condom,... I would be alright.lol

Yea... thats it!!
Make my buddies oven smell like a condom... good advice, Sami.
Problem is,.. I don't think he uses them...

Maybe I can leave my tires under his bed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Use your buddies oven when his ol lady is gone. NO PROBLEMS.

And while your baking you tires in your buddies over also use his dish washer to give your savage a nice clean lemony fresh smell. just remove the electronics and motor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back