choice of Road tires for spi rims.. phaltlines wont work will they?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

I was going to get a set of blast and phaltlines for road use... But ive decided I'm not using my spis for bashing and only road use now as the wide offset worries me when bashing....

But i cant use phaltlines on them because they are too tall right???

So what are my only options? Proline 3.2 road rage tires? Anything else?

Josh, send a pm to Rick at SPI Racing, on here he is spiracing.

i had a phone convo with him yesterds & he loves IMEX tires on his rims.

ask him about the road application.

I was going to get a set of blast and phaltlines for road use... But ive decided I'm not using my spis for bashing and only road use now as the wide offset worries me when bashing....

But i cant use phaltlines on them because they are too tall right???

So what are my only options? Proline 3.2 road rage tires? Anything else?

Why would the offsset worry you when bashing? You cant hurt the wheel. Even if you did, Ill send you another one for free. No worries.

Now on the other hand,,, you will tear off the upper and lower controll arms, rip the drive shaft out, bend the shocks into 90 degrees right angles as you disembowl all moving parts from the frame, before you hurt a SPI bashing wheel. That I would worry about. LOL!
Rick

Why would the offsset worry you when bashing?

Josh I'm also wondering your thoughts on this with regard to the zero offset?

@ Rick- Can you comment on Josh's question regarding a street tire you'd recommend to use with the SPI Rims?

thx,
freddy

No man, you can use any monster truck tire. Truggy tires, buggy tires, 40 series tires, wont work but any Monster Truck tire would.

Yes you can run the phatlines.

Thanks all for getting involved...

Rick, thanks for the email... I know youve got me covered on the rim warrenty but when i jump, this pig of a truck really falls hard and i can see the truck ripping the axle right of the hub... I was using your wheel on grass and dirt but i think that road will be amazing... THought i would give it a try before i went and bought hpi wheels and tires.
Nice1 travis on the imex tires... ill look into them
And frddy for asking the question i would have wanted to get the answers for...

But as Mikey said, i am a little dubious as whether the phaltlines by hpi would actually work considering they are 7" tall.

I will get a set of these imex road tires and try them out... I hope they are stronger than my hpi dirt claws which have already exploded on me!

I hope i can now find an imex vendor for the road dawg tire here in the Uk
Jay and Bob

I'm running dirt bonz on mine which are 3.2" inner diameter and there a perfect fit, The phaltlines are 3.8" diameter so i don't think the fit.

hmm unless the website I'm looking it means wideness not diameter

Members online

Back