Chimeras FLM Midtank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimeraxp

ok I started my mid tank this month , I'm still waiting on the servo mounts to show up. well they have been delivered to my US address now just waiting for them to get to canada.
so I thought I would post some pictures of everything so far .
I still need my radio boxes .
I already had the FLM Ext LCG tvps , Motor plate , motor mount.
so the next thing to do was the mid tank . .

IMG_1512-1.jpg

Tank and parts

IMG_1490.jpg

Radio box removed

IMG_1497.jpg

Making the template

IMG_1498-1.jpg

Fitting for the X bulkhead

IMG_1503-1.jpg

Tracing the template

IMG_1505.jpg

again

IMG_1508.jpg

Test Fit

IMG_1499.jpg

Clearance Under plate

IMG_1502.jpg

Drilled out TVP , I used a 11/16 drill Bit .

IMG_1501.jpg

Test fitting the brace to the steering

IMG_1509.jpg

I drilled this out as well using the 11/16 bit though it didn't need much

IMG_1510.jpg

fitted the plate in

IMG_1516.jpg

Mounted the ofna tank

IMG_1517.jpg

Back side of the tank

IMG_1519.jpg

test fitted

IMG_1524.jpg

above view

IMG_1526.jpg

Front Clearance

IMG_1529.jpg

Rear Clearance

thats all I have so far. I will update when I have more done .
hope it's helpful to someone else .

thanks , glad I found this place , would have been nicer a few years ago , so much good information here.
trying to decide which boxes to get now.

Yeah its a great place to be. A lot of great ppl and A lot of help here. I'm on my phone so can't link you boxes. But there's guys here that will help you put. I used the rpm box for my reciever and the rush box for my batteries. Both worked great. Good luck on the mid tank. They are one the best upgrades to do.

nice build,keep us posted!!!!gotta love the molson canadian eh? lol

IMG_1519.jpg

test fitted

IMG_1524.jpg

above view

IMG_1526.jpg

Front Clearance

IMG_1529.jpg

Rear Clearance

First of all welcome to :hpisf:. Wondering why the tank would be installed with the pick up tube to the front? Based on gravity when the truck is moving in a forward motion, would it be more beneficial to install the tank the other way or as is.

I love how you used plastic canvise for the template. Nice looking truck

yeah thats the posts ,
yeah the tank is my bad , it's just mocked up and can be flipped around.
thanks for all the comments .
and yes very glad to be here.
I've been trying to use stuff I have or easy to get ,
seems like my LHS isn't all that great , didn't have anything I needed today besides fuel
I did some more work tonight but haven't taken any pictures yet .
so while I wait on the servo posts to get here I'll have to work on my other trucks.

ok , need some idea's for the radio box and the battery box ,
I did buy one to mount to the tower (battery , it's a little large though)
and trying to think of something that will work for the receiver.
I like the idea of mounting behind the motor is the left over space , I use spectrum and it's tiny so i'm not worried about the extra weight at this time .

so lets see your thoughts and idea's ,
I also like IRC box/servo mount but thats another 20+ shipping to canada.

gut the spectrum receiver box and use an old servo case to put it on the bulkhead under the tank, its a good fit and clean looking if you do it right. ill pm you pics when i finnish mine.

ok , need some idea's for the radio box and the battery box ,
I did buy one to mount to the tower (battery , it's a little large though)
and trying to think of something that will work for the receiver.
I like the idea of mounting behind the motor is the left over space , I use spectrum and it's tiny so i'm not worried about the extra weight at this time .

so lets see your thoughts and idea's ,
I also like IRC box/servo mount but thats another 20+ shipping to canada.

I'm not sure if you have a rx box yet but i used the Traxxas Receiver Box Slash - TRA5624
IMG_0922.jpg

and for now i zip tied the battery to to from shock tower ..
IMG_0968.jpg

Just waiting on the FLM servo mounts and i can break in the mill and have som fun :)
I hear you when you say it's another $2O+ shipping to Canada i live in Ontario -.-

I was thinking on the servo case my self .
the Slash box is a nice box not really sure which I'll use . I'm trying to get everything in side in the TVP's
i'm ditching my current plate and going with the IRC plate I think.
everything was going well I was bolting everything up and it started to spiderweb

I was thinking on the servo case my self .
the Slash box is a nice box not really sure which I'll use . I'm trying to get everything in side in the TVP's
i'm ditching my current plate and going with the IRC plate I think.
everything was going well I was bolting everything up and it started to spiderweb

The traxxas slash box (the one i have) can be bolted to the outside of the TVP and WILL NOT get in the way of any thing the tires are ok ..

Quick question, is that slash receiver box big enough to hold the stock rx? might be useful information since most of us run 2.4ghz and the rx's are a lot smaller...

Dunno about the slash box, but if your looking to keep it all inside the tvps a pair of FLM servo mounts, an old servo, some heat shrink and some connectors are enough.
1. take the circuit card out of the rx case.
2. solder some FEMALE leads with about 1.5 inches of wire to the cards connectors.
3. slide the whole assembly into some battery wrap and shrink it.
4. gut the old sevo and dremel the small opening at the bottom a little bigger.
5. run your wires through that opening and screw the bottom on then coat the joint in shoe goo.
6.connect it all up and run the rx antenna out the top hole of the servo case.
7. mount to available side of TVP under the tank plate thingamajig (miller lite btw) and go break you truck!
Sorry for the lack of picks but I don't want to dismount mine for no reason, when I need to I will post a full from scratch in the how to with picks.

Quick question, is that slash receiver box big enough to hold the stock rx? might be useful information since most of us run 2.4ghz and the rx's are a lot smaller...

I'm not sure about the stock RX I'm running the Futaba R152JE 2 channel receiver AM 27 MHz

Nope... The stock receiver is way too big for the Slash box..

Nice truck BTW.

nice build....i never thought about lexan!

it was a nice idea , looked great but I have to scrap the idea , lexan might have been a better way to go as I used plexi but once I started to tighten everything up with locktite it started to spider web , well after half hour or so ,
might be from the locktite not really sure , but I just heard back from robert and he's shipping me out a plate .
for the price i'm just going that route .
While it looked sharp , i didn't want use chance cutting another plate.

Will post more later.

Hi,
I am thinking of going around this sort of odea but instead using 3mm aluminium and a 250cc tank. What sorts of problems have you come across in this build. To mount the steering servo I wopuld use the flm servo mounts so the servo stands up. Would there be enough clearecne doing it this way?

Thanks

green/red hpisf

Cant find the edit button and I forgot to say I have Black flm ext lcg tvps. I also have savage 25 bulks is this way still possible with these bulks?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back