Cheap high flow air filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendchris

Bought the filter at autozone 11 $ they have a few colors attached it with a pipe to header silicone. Works great needed some tuning after install and feels more snappy.

Does it look like a K&N filter? If so, take it off! K&N filters (and similar) are not made to filter out the tiny particles which CAN kill your engine. K&N even said they weren't designed for nitro engines. They are a coincidence that they fit.

ya i've heard running a k&n air filter isnt a good idea as well, there one of the best for your car-truck but not for nitro engines!!!!!

I agree with everyone, it is not a good idea to use those filters, they will not protect your engine like a foam one will.

i had the chance to take a good look at this filter when i found it in the box of parts that brazil got when he bought his savage used.

i looked inside it & there was sand and some other debris i couldn't identify. filter materials look like they're designed to trap materials larger than sand.

the truck builder musta been shootin for the bling factor considering chrome on the filter & all the alloy a-arms & stuff (which is kool if thats your thing).

findings based on my limited scientific data:

Cons: Allowed sand & other material into the intake tube which would ultimately end up in your 35,000 + rpm motor.

Pros: Its purdy :bling:

Members online

Back