chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one you linked is for a LCG (lower center of gravity) stock length chassis, that will drop engine and tranny 1/2 inch or about 13mm, making for a less top heavy truck.
This is the extended version of that, http://www.jespares.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=338&products_id=2312
If you get one that is extended and LCG, that will futher increase truck handling and stability, however making a truck longer increases the turning radius. Depending on the engine and gearing may also reduce wheelies. When using a the EXT LCG chassis you may also want to get a LST/MGT size body, they fit the extended better and complete the bigger truck look.

if you get the longer tvp's, is the only other thing you need the longer centre dog bone?

usually the tvp's'll ship with then, the most common being 6mm front and 1" back. my irc lcg's, even though they are std lenght are really 3mm front and rear (total 6mm) extended, due to the dogbones being more vertical, due to the tranny box sitting 12mm lower.

As [hs] darkshine said most (if not all) ship you the center dog bones needed. The extended comes in many different lengths, I have a set that is 1/2" extended, 1" extended and 2" extended, also available is 1.6 (like the link I posted above), there is some guys making 2.5" extended and 5.2" extended 1/6 scale size.

Latest posts

Members online

Back