Center SkidPlate for a Savage x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spud

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Centre Skid Plate for a savage X, I can only find one or two and i have heard bad things about them

thanks, ill be puting an order on it or something similer tonight :D

I made my own from a toolbox drawer divider that I got from a friend who works on Dozers and Endloaders for a living. they were for the built-in toolbox on his field service truck.
custom bent it to fit,cut about 1/2 in. off each end, drilled 4 holes and bingo, a custom center skid plate.

Am also going to make some custom drag links to make a solid rear suspension for pulling for it.

a center skidplate is just to easy to build yourzelf....you can have one within 15minutes.. just get a plate of aluminium and bend it till it fits onder your TVP's
DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0366.jpg

this is my home made skidplate and it haven't broke on me.. it makes the chassis stiffer and really protects your disk brake and dogbones.....the holes is drilled are for easy acces to the outdrive's ...when i need to re tighten them

this is is my first rear skidplate.. its not finished yet because i have nothing to secure the susp-pins with and i canty screw the bumpers on yet .. i still need to figure that out
savageskidplate.jpg

Nice looking skidplates, I'm looking at making a one piece skid for my savage when I finally go pick up the metal.

Latest posts

Members online

Back