center differential mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cups are too big to just pull the plates away so I have to do this instead in order to remove the diff.

I have to take everything off the cups so I can remove the cups outward like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
if you insert that drive cup into the hole in the mount is there room for it to spin ??? by your pic it looks almost the same size as the hole..... somehow I think you are using the wrong parts, where are the bearings that centers the assembly in those plates ???

Complete savage dismantled diff and a VORZA gear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 11
Yes it has room to spin but it is unable to pass through the hole. I am 10000% sure of that. I have a feeling people use VORZA cups as well because they are slightly smaller.

By the way I figured out the locking problem of the diff. I removed the 2 shims that are on either sides of the diff internally. Works like a charms. Smooth too.

The center diff saves me a lot of space. I want to make more space by doing this but not sure where to find those side mounts.... Anyone recognize them?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 22
The center diff saves me a lot of space. I want to make more space by doing this but not sure where to find those side mounts.... Anyone recognize them?

by side mounts are you meaning the crossmembers that go between the TVP plates ??
if so they are stock HPI parts that are used to stiffen the chassis and make places to mount things like motor plates and such, part numbers can be found in your manual....

Link to manuals for the flux HP found here....

http://www.hpiracing.com/instructions/104242

Vorza Flux manual here

http://www.hpiracing.com/instructions/104242

Last edited:
No no I mean the servo is stuck to the side of the chassis by 2 small metal mounts.

those are just servo mounts..... not sure if they are stock on the flux or not, but all they do is mount the servo and keep it against the tvp plate

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Almost done. Here are some pictures. Still planning to exclude the battery boxes but debating to keep the servo where it is or lower it to the drive train level. As of now the batteries still fit. But I have to find a way to protect the servo wire if I decide to keep the servo where it is.

Latest posts

Members online

Back