Center Diff on Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pman9003

Does anyone know if there is a center diff kit for the Savage??

I have not seen a "kit" per say but have seen a few of them built. A little bit of fabbing and measuring and you can fit one in...
icon_wink.gif

Thanks, I was hoping that some made one, since i don't like the idea of modifying inside the tranny.

i am in the prosess of doing it... i got hellfire diff in my savage.. i ran it all year long like what ..put me on the top this year for monstertruck class with 1st place for the class.. i got a hotbodies truggy diff...

i am in the prosess of doing it... i got hellfire diff in my savage.. i ran it all year long like what ..put me on the top this year for monstertruck class with 1st place for the class.. i got a hotbodies truggy diff...

could you possibly post pics of this process? alot would be interested in this mod I'm sure!!

could you possibly post pics of this process? alot would be interested in this mod I'm sure!!

Call me ill walk you threw it. Not too hard in a savage. It will replace the bottom shaft in the tranny and you will lose front brakes but it can be done. with simple tools and a lil know how.

hey guys.. well today got got the diff in.. i got it built allright i don't think it would last vary long..it rolls super smooth with no engine or engine in...i don't like the looks of the set up at all but i know it will last for a test run befor winter so i can see if this will be worth putting some cash into the build!

racing it... well are track is not to bad with stuff... thay don't know i run truggy diffs... but now i am also putting in the center diff!

here are pics.. only took me 10000 times how 2 get a url

tylercarter117
[/URL][/IMG]

tylercarter117
[/URL][/IMG]

tylercarter117
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Most tracks make you have to keep the two speed. the one I have been talking about goes in the tranny case as the final drive. You cant even see it when its done and you keep the 2 speed

well i got the hotbodies center diff in my savage.. and i was like well its worth a shot seeing about the hotbodies diff.. well thay fit.. a bit of shimming on it and she was nice and tight..i like the cut on the diffs not flat.. got the hook to them ... i will post some more pics.. and deff a vid in the next week or so..thinking about putting my surefire.32 modded by steve at AB mods!!! she is going to pull like a bull

Cool! Most tracks make you have to keep the two speed. the one I have been talking about goes in the tranny case as the final drive. You cant even see it when its done and you keep the 2 speed

Please, PLEASE, post up how this is done. I would kill for a center diff sturdy enough to handle the Flux!

Members online

Back