Center Diff in Nitro Savage with 2-speed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richards1008

So I've been doing some digging, and knowing that HPI released a center diff conversion for the flux, I ordered it, thinking "how different could it be?"

My first question is, has anyone seen or heard of anyone putting a center diff in a nitro savage and retaining the stock 2 speed? (IE: Not just putting a truggy center diff and bulkheads in). I like the 2 speed, and think it adds novelty to the truck but I will be racing it in Oklahoma in October and would like to get a more racing oriented drivetrain in it without losing the 2 speed.

Initial thoughts are good. The diff fits in the big half of the trans case, but the front end where the reverse module normally would go is a bit short and will need some modifying. Luckily, the bearing retainer that normally lives there when there is no reverse module can be reversed and installed on the outside to give a bit more room. I plan to either use this piece, or simply use an HB center diff bulkhead from the D819RS so I have something to install a front brake setup (single disc, front and rear; this is necessary since in stock form, even if the diff fit, the brake rotors would only act on the rear wheels and the diff fluid would dictate how much brake force would go to the front).

More updates soon, but I would love to know... has anyone done this before? It seems it would be pretty easy/straightforward??

Latest posts

Members online

Back