Cen GST 7.7 tuned pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
100_15932.jpg

100_15902.jpg

Hey, theres been a few questions, about the pipe i run on my savage XL
since november of 08,I have tried three seperate pipes,buku, ofna 086
and the cen gst pipe. all three are great pipes.just not on the 5.9 mill.
I ran a conttroled test ,to the best of my ability,same outside temp 84f
same amount of runs at wot.
buku was first up, to my surprise,it offerd no noticeable change.
over heating, lack of top end power.
#2 ofna 086. the 086 pipe, gave me a small amount of room to lean out the
hsn,which in turn, gave me a little more power. 265-275 temp seem to be the key. but it still lacked power, compaired to other mills, i have ran.
a few weeks went by ,and i came across a video of a savy running with the
cen pipe on you tube.
so, why not, got the pipe in,very impressive pipe.almost club like.
a few weeks went by before i could try it out.
outside temp was 88f, really nice day.
gave the XL a few warm up laps, than 5 laps a wot.
with the same carb settings, i was running 226-235 f....
leaned the hsn twice more at 1/8 increments, before i hit 265 f
The cen tuned pipe really woke the 5.9 mill up. greatly improved top end. while still in an accebtable heat range .. no the 5.9 is not going to out run the picco or even the LRP. but the cen pipe will give you a chance to open her up.

PRICE.. $10-$25 (i payed $15 0n ebay)
Qc...very nice pipe. solid built.if not just a little heavy..
pipe also comes with removable baffle.

for you that run the 5.9 mill, and want to get your moneys worth out of it... before upgrade. give the cen gst 7.7 pipe a try.
IMO its the best $20 you can spend on it. peace

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that this is the pipe to run on the 5.9. Glad you enjoy it and have seen a difference with this pipe on this mill. I'm sure it has a larger cavity which is what the large 5.9 needs.

I have heard that this is the pipe to run on the 5.9. Glad you enjoy it and have seen a difference with this pipe on this mill. I'm sure it has a larger cavity which is what the large 5.9 needs.
yea, its the best pipe i've found so far for the 5.9, with the economy the way it is, some just have to stick with the mill they have,for $20 ,you can give the 5.9 a little life..

Two of my buddies have put this pipe on their CEN GSR's and both have broken the pipe twice each in the same places. One at the opposite end from the engine (the screw or something that holds it up), and they both broke the little connector nub thingy for the pressure line back to the fuel tank.

Two of my buddies have put this pipe on their CEN GSR's and both have broken the pipe twice each in the same places. One at the opposite end from the engine (the screw or something that holds it up), and they both broke the little connector nub thingy for the pressure line back to the fuel tank.
sorry to hear that, all the thingys on my pipe have done great.thus far..peace

Ive been hearing 086 is best for the 5.9. I didn't have one long enough to test it with the 086. I do know the buku is a no no as stated by Dave the maker of the buku.

Ive been hearing 086 is best for the 5.9. I didn't have one long enough to test it with the 086. I do know the buku is a no no as stated by Dave the maker of the buku.[/QUOTe

086 is a great pipe, i own one myself, but from the testing i've done, its the cen pipe hands down, better mid to top end at cooler run temps..
i invite anyone to test for yourself.
I'm not saying the cen pipe is the best tuned pipe out there, but for the 5.9 its the best i've found, bar none. peace

Members online

Back