CEN diff Carnage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunkenMetal

Was working on the Savage and found my rear cen diff was tore up..

DSC_7280.jpg

DSC_7281.jpg

DSC_7282.jpg

DSC_7283.jpg

DSC_7284.jpg

DSC_7285.jpg

I hope yours is the exception and not the rule. Dang man, you're brutal.

You weren't driving too hard last time we bashed.. what do you think happened?

wow!! i've seen people abuse those diffs like no tomorrow with no problems.. "u da extreme ma man!" lol

sunk look into the hpi heavy duty gears for the flux.

idk anything about them yet but, they also have upgraded diff houseings.

edit: the transmission is all metal gears also, that sounds cool. altough I have never broke a trans gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
i try lol its most likey something i did wrong.. but I'm thinking might be the stock bulks flexing to...

Sunk, when you built the diffs, did you remember to lock-tite the screws? I know it's a dumb question, but just curious. The damage was more than likely caused by the screw that broke and the other that came out. With the Cen diffs or any other part that has 4 3mm screws holding it together, when 2 of them come loose, kiss the part good-bye. Same thing happened to my buddy, only it was one screw that came out and wrecked his diff. Also happened to the clutch holder for the 2nd. gear clutch. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

i thought those diffs were indestructable. also the flm bulkheads are for pre-savage x right? the savage x shock towers would not fit on them right?

i thought those diffs were indestructable. also the flm bulkheads are for pre-savage x right? the savage x shock towers would not fit on them right?

The internal gears, the ring and pinion are indestructable, for the most part. But, like I said in my other post, if the screws break or come loose, it all over. Also, the cen outdrives that come in the cen diffs are crap. Break way to easy.

Yeah looks like the screws gave way and screwd up the mesh

Sunk, when you built the diffs, did you remember to lock-tite the screws? I know it's a dumb question, but just curious. The damage was more than likely caused by the screw that broke and the other that came out. With the Cen diffs or any other part that has 4 3mm screws holding it together, when 2 of them come loose, kiss the part good-bye. Same thing happened to my buddy, only it was one screw that came out and wrecked his diff. Also happened to the clutch holder for the 2nd. gear clutch. Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Yeah looks like the screws gave way and screwd up the mesh

well the pinnion is from the rear the diff the with the busted screws is from the front of the truck...

so who knows

Latest posts

Members online

Back