cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

.28 or .30+ what size engine would be best for bashing?
thanks 4x4

Try the Axial .32 and gear it up. I've heard nothing but good things about them. I think my s-25 is on it's last leg (or gallon as it may be) and that's what I'm going with. Put the 18 tooth clutch bell on there and watch it still flip on it's lid:D:D:D

I would say the surefire .32 Its cheaper then the axial and has a little more power Thats what I run and iam on my 4th gallon anyway u just want it for bashing right the surefire hols a tune very well and also gobs of usable power.. 3.6 at the flywheel if u want a good gear combo for all around bashing I found that any clutch bell u can use with the 52 tooth spur gear works the best.. U really don't need the top speed when bashing u want more toque than anything (speed is still good)

tuning

could any one tell me about the tuning and the needle setup of the surefire .32.
and how could you get the restricter out.
thanks 4x4

Ok the sure fire has a 3 needle desing low,midrange,highspeed, I rarely ever touch the low end and never touch the mid range this mill is very easy to tune hardly have to mess with the needles also the engine come with 3 restricters I think it ranges from 7.5mm to 8.5 mm The carb is a 9mm something like that There not in the carb when u buy it new they just drop into it and come right out (I have never used them) Also races edge has great coustomer service they sent me new head bolts and all new bearings for free (after the warrnty was up) saved like 70 dollars that day.... heres a link to there website http://www.racers-edge.com/ U can find the surefire on the net for like 170dollars shipped anymore ?s just ask ok

thanks runoverbysavage ill let you know if i have any more questions!
thanks again
4x4

if i got a .32 engine + would it slowly eat away at my gears and dog bones.
what would be the week points of my car if i got a .32 engine.
thanks
4x4

I would get the alum, dif cups hears a link thats a good price for them also http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPLW0&P=7 I still have the stock diffs and I go throw my share of 43 tooth bevel gears (not as much as u would think tho) I change my cup joints when they start to look bad I have broken allmost ever stock dogbone also its a good idea to up grade to the heavy duty ones .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember, you get what you pay for ;)

I have seen alot of problems with vacume leaks, to the internals of the engine wearing out prematurely on that surefire. As a matter of fact there are some threads on here about it, but i have seen it first-hand as well. I would get the Axial.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back