Castle Neu 1520 mounted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V0RT3X

Wroom wroom

dscn1439x.jpg

dscn1440z.jpg

dscn1436l.jpg

evil clown

Last edited by a moderator:
:jamout:rockout drummer

Man that thing is sexy, the can is huge. Any more pics of the truck for us to see? :stickpoke:

nice1! can you tell me how much you had to grind off the mounts considering mine is coming tomorrow...
Also what gearing are you going to run with this bad boy?

also... looking closely at the pictures... it looks like the pinion and spur arent properly aligned? is that the case because the motor is so big?
p.s. jahay from rcmonster...

:jamout:rockout drummer

Man that thing is sexy, the can is huge. Any more pics of the truck for us to see? :stickpoke:

Over the weekend when I put everything together. :)

Can you do a how to on this?

A dremel and a couple of these: http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-432-Sander-Bands-Fine/dp/B00004UDHF/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_text_b

I used up about 5 drums lol.

nice1! can you tell me how much you had to grind off the mounts considering mine is coming tomorrow...
Also what gearing are you going to run with this bad boy?

1-2mm, kept checking and fitting to keep it snug. Couple scratches on the can but nothing major. Also cut my fingers on the motor cooling fins.:chainkiller:

I will run stock for now since I don't have any other pinions ATM.

also... looking closely at the pictures... it looks like the pinion and spur arent properly aligned? is that the case because the motor is so big?
p.s. jahay from rcmonster...

Yeah, the pinion needs to be pushed quite a bit back because it's so long, but the way mine's mounted it doesn't touch the transmission case. I thought about cutting it shorter but it looks so pretty now.

p.s. I know....

Holy smokes that sucker is long.

Damn right! Larsen, do you make any shock towers that are a bit less beefy/fat than stock? (also need stiffer ones and the CF would be perfect)

yea forget the FLM towers... They would just buckle in on your batteries... The carbon towers look a little narrow which would def benefit you!

In order to push and secure the pinion as far back as possible.. does that mean there is a flat edge all the way down the motor shaft to secure the screw?

The way it is on the pics the grub screw is on the very edge of the flat spot. You could flip the pinion over and it will grab nicely. But looks a bit stupid.

might have to flip the pinion over to prevent stripping... This motor is going to rip HARD! ill tell you when mine arrives

I have a broken shock shaft so I can't run it yet. Gonna put everything together now and hopefully I will get one shock from a Savage XL tomorrow and then it will be ready to roll. :) Also flipped the pinion and it fits perfect.

BTW, did you order your RSC off UK ebay for 90 pounds?

Members online

No members online now.
Back