Castle BEC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Rollin' like a Big Shot
Hey guys,

So I am in the process of purchasing the electronics for my Flux conversion. Here's my question. Will I need a BEC? Is the 10A BEC fine? I saw that CC released a 20A BEC, would that be overkill? Please help me. Thanks guys!

Coby

Hey guys,

So I am in the process of purchasing the electronics for my Flux conversion. Here's my question. Will I need a BEC? Is the 10A BEC fine? I saw that CC released a 20A BEC, would that be overkill? Please help me. Thanks guys!

Coby

Coby, not 100% sure what you mean, but Castle Creations has their own program equipment for the MMM & its called the "Castle Link"

Here is the 1 that HPI offers for the Flux http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/100573/

MMM ESC is rated at 25A Max (not sure if that answers your question bud)

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I'm talking about:
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
Battery
Eliminator
Curcuitry
Basically, instead of getting power from an external power source (ex. 6V hump pack), you connect this to your ESC battery leads and it provides power for anything connected to the receiver (Servos, lights, etc.). From what I've heard, the MMM does have one built in, as most ESC's do, but there was something wrong with it, I forgot what it was but I had the problem when I had a Sidewinder system. I think it was that the servos were getting weaker but the motor still worked as if it the batteries were on a full charge.

ahh, yep, idk n e one using a bec in addition to the one on the MMM. might be worth a phone call to Castle and get their recommendation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The MMM ESC has a BEC basically installed in it so there is no need to purchase a add on BEC.

Correct the internal will be fine. I'm not sure there is much adjusting that can be done to a BEC.

The only real adjusting as far as battery's go is where the ESC cuts off the power so you do not over draw from the cells.

Oh okay, I guess the internal should be fine then. I'll probably contact CC and ask if there is a difference between them, but for now it should do me fine. Thanks guys!

The internal BEC is fine on controllers such as the MMM. The only place I have ever seen the need for a external switching BEC in this kind of setup is controllers that don't have a switching style BEC with high voltage packs. A linear BEC will allow 3s where a switching will handle 6s.

yeah i called cc and they said you don't need it unless youre running like a real big servo. the mmm ESC is more then enough..

yeah i called cc and they said you don't need it unless youre running like a real big servo. the mmm ESC is more then enough..

what is meant by 'really big?' like a lot of torque? did they give a reason? i got my eye on a hitec 7955tg which is 333oz.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back