Caster angle adjustable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sem título (1).pngHi, I will try a tvp chassi with caster angle ajsutable and I would like to know which better angle they normally use on off road monsters, from what I saw the savage 1/8 walks with 8 degrees of caster, I was thinking of adjusting it to about 15 degrees, I would like your opinion

I do believe caster is already built into the front hubs and knuckles....
Your right Jam, the Savage has around 7-8 Degrees caster as standard. I think Webster Santos is looking to somehow make a set of TVPs that allow for adjustable caster. Or maybe with a pre-set caster of 15 degrees. Not quite sure which. But if you did this on a nitro model you would need to lengthen the TVPs at the front or the shock tower would foul the front of the radio box. Looks like hes thinking of a flux though from the diagram. Will be interesting to see what comes of this tho.

I do believe caster is already built into the front hubs and knuckles....
yes and no, the caster angle on the hubs is 0⁰, the angle is actually on the plate where the diff is attached, the edge of the plate is bent at approximately 8⁰

Your right Jam, the Savage has around 7-8 Degrees caster as standard. I think Webster Santos is looking to somehow make a set of TVPs that allow for adjustable caster. Or maybe with a pre-set caster of 15 degrees. Not quite sure which. But if you did this on a nitro model you would need to lengthen the TVPs at the front or the shock tower would foul the front of the radio box. Looks like hes thinking of a flux though from the diagram. Will be interesting to see what comes of this tho.
almost like that gazz, the idea is to make a tvp with the caster angle adjustable but not being a fixed angle, it can be changed with adjustments, and I'm studying the best central point to rotate the caster and the parts don't collide, I'll probably have q use a rear dogbone instead of the front one to compensate for the increased wheelbase

I'm trying to figure out what range I use at that angle, for example an offroad car would use 8 to 16 degrees of caster ? 6 to 20 degrees ? Understood ? It would be an adjustable piece, I just don't have the knowledge of the angle to use to improve stability

Thought you were talking about it being adjustable rather than fixed. I have an extended front set of TVPs, they are extended by 6mm and do run an 84mm rear bone up front.

Thought you were talking about it being adjustable rather than fixed. I have an extended front set of TVPs, they are extended by 6mm and do run an 84mm rear bone up front.
asdfa.png
I'm not talking about extended chassis, it's just that to change the caster the way I'm designing it will change the wheelbase and the height of the front.
I think about making a separate front of the chassis to be able to change the caster

View attachment 10621
I'm not talking about extended chassis, it's just that to change the caster the way I'm designing it will change the wheelbase and the height of the front.
I think about making a separate front of the chassis to be able to change the caster
I know your not talking about extend chassis, was just stating that I run a rear bone in the front of one of my trucks that has an extension. to the front.👍
But you will have issues with the top of the shock tower hitting the front of the radio box.

I know your not talking about extend chassis, was just stating that I run a rear bone in the front of one of my trucks that has an extension. to the front.👍
But you will have issues with the top of the shock tower hitting the front of the radio box.
I intend to move the radio box together because it supports the servo and the steering system, maybe it will hit the transmission box, that's why I'm also studying where I'm going to make the central point of rotation

I intend to move the radio box together because it supports the servo and the steering system, maybe it will hit the transmission box, that's why I'm also studying where I'm going to make the central point of rotation
Sounds interesting, will love to see what you come up with. The extend front TVPs I have do have the extension of 6mm between the radio box and the transmission. Keep us updated on your work. 👍

Latest posts

Members online

Back