Carbon vs Alum Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocremy

i bought Vantage Racing Arms from one of the member from hpisavageforum with GOOD DEAL!! also i was thinking getting carbon chassis for my savage, is it better than alum stock? or it breaks? (Fullforcerc.com) and which brand is my arm set..(i bought used Savage months ago..). Thank you!!!!

carbon fiber is stronger than aluminum, if made correctly...

you talked polystyrene outta his Vantage arms?!?!?!

If CF is made correctly YES it's awesome stuff. However I have yet to see anything better than VP ( Vertigo Performance ) CF. He no longer wants to sell CF for the Savage. SO VP isn't selling cf savage parts. Until I see something as good I'd have to say don't buy a cf chassis.

You could always make your own but that takes some ingenuity on your part. Me I'd rather just buy it and be done. Oh VP's Cf is a 36 layer quasi cf product. With CF you ought to CA glue all exposed edges. This will keep the cf from fraying and does work. I have had my set for well over 3 yrs and counting. There are 2 members here that have VP cf Apache18 and myself both of which have photos in the gallery if your interested in seeing them.

HOP

Vertigo Performance is a DBA name? or pure hand made(created) by a member? fullforcerc.com and tower, both have CF chassis which one do you guys prefer?

i used to run the Xtreme racing carbon fibre tvp's and loved them. really well made. mine were the low centre gravity set

hope you like the vantage arms aswell.

you can mod the original engine mount easily with a dremel and if your racing every little helps could be said.

with lcg you usually cant mount the role bar on the chassis ( i couldnt anyway) but i was racing so for weight saving i would have taken it off anyway

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back