Cant get lrp zr 30 to run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was looking at the manual too and see about the shims under head. For 20 percent nitro it says 0.027 thousands of an inch so will pop head off and make sure its set proper.

I not sure cause I didn't spend much time on mine before I converted my original savage x 4.6 tof electric but mine was running like in the high 270 as well. But as for your Temps raising at half tank is due to the savages half tank lean issues. Some start with half tank and tune from there. So when tank is full she'll just run a little rich for the first half of the tank.

You are right that it pushes fuel from midway down the tank thru a stone filter inside the tank instead of feeding from the bottom.... so to combat the half tank lean some guys get is, to tune it at half full and let it run rich on a full tank..... doing it like that seems to eliminate most half tank lean conditions....

exactly what I posted earlier

Did you do anything to the engine prior to installing it? I make it a habit to pull the engines apart and clean them out, then seal them up with RTV and put threadlock on the backplate screws when putting it back together.

The one time I didn't do that with an LRP28 (was excited), I got through 12 tanks or so of break-in, then when I took it out the next time to fine tune and bash it, it started running awful. Upon inspection, I found that the backplate screws all came loose and it was dumping fuel/oil out of the back of the engine, which also meant it was sucking a lot of air.

For what it's worth, I've never had an LRP28 or my current LRP30 work well with the stock tanks. They would be mildly ok during break-in, but once you start tuning for performance and the engine starts loosening up, they run hot and awful. The only thing that fixed the issues for me was replacing the tank with a more uniform tank. Literally a night and day difference with tuning, power and temps.

I fought with my 28 and 30 last year a lot. I actually got the 30 because I was so pissed at the 28, thinking it was just bad. My OFNA tank I had on was leaking really badly around the cap due to it being 5+ years old and the spring was tired, so all I had to put on it was a stock savage tank. I tried all the tricks to get it to work and after seeing engine temps close to 300F with my brand new 30 and had it so rich it would barely run, I decided enough was enough and found another OFNA tank. I couldn't find the one I had anymore, since OFNA closed down, but I did find one close to it.

I just ran over 1000cc's through it a few weeks ago. Ran like a top the entire time.

My old OFNA tank I used to run:
2012-1014-SavageX-OFNATank.jpg

My current OFNA tank:
2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076TankOnly.jpg

Video of the first run of the year:

After that, I dropped the gearing from 18/47 to 17/47 to make it a bit more snappy for offroad running. Made a big difference. I don't have any video of that though.

Latest posts

Members online

Back