cam type steering servo saver upgrade.....help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

on-spinners

o.k, i bought the hpi part number 89197 servo saver set, and well.....it was some work to take my truck apart.....not that i'm complaining but now i have to take it apart again. it seems that the steering doesn't turn enough, i mean it hardly turns at all, i can only do a turn so long as i have the room to manuver, but the stock set-up was better, but i think once you guys give me some insight i'll take that back. i followed the instructions the best i could with the photos they include, but i think i'm missing something, i set the servo's properly and so forth.
anyone do this upgrade and find any problems?

sounds too me like you need to check the tension on the spring. If there aint enough tension you will be soaking up some of the servo travel with the cam. It definatley sounds as though it's something simple.

turn the steering whilst watching the cam/spring area on the servo saver see if its that.:motorcycle:

make sure the rod that goes to the servo horn (the screw on the rod not the servo horn) is not tightned all the way down keep us posted

yeah, sounds like you haven't tightened down the adjusting ring on the servo saver enough, meaning it will take very little pressure to open up the cam. You can test this by turning everything on, and then holding the front wheels on and turning the steering knob on your radio. If the servo moves and the wheels don't.. then it's too loose, and the same thing is happening when you're running it. Just tighten it down til there's enough steering when driving, but not so much that the cam wont open up upon impact.. which is the whole idea in the first place. Good luck.

what does the servo saver actually do?? (if any1 ses saves the servo I'm going to get upset!LOL)

the spring of the servo saver absorbs shocks to relief your servo gears.
without it your servo gears will strip very easily, that`s how it saves the servo.LOL

ahh, that makes sense. seen them advertised but had no idea ehat they actually done.

Latest posts

Members online

Back