Calling all IRC Shock Users!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammer

Need a quick pointer! I'm installing mine at the moment ...

How did you guys deal with the bleed nipple?

I'm going to do the usual thing of filling the shock with oil blah blah ... but once you've got the cap back on the shock body did you just keep on filling it through the nipple to fill up the space in the oil chamber?

must admit i'm a bit confused by this at the mo.

cheers,

Well, from what I've heard...You fill it up as much as you can and put the shock cap on and then fill the rest up using that little hole.
The ones I'm getting are already filled with some 35wt.

I never even touched the bleed screw. All I did was leave the the oil just bairly short of the top of the shock then pushed the rod up and down a few times then finnished by placing it tord the middle and put the top back on. Then tested to see if it sprung back out at all. If it did this I removed a touch of oil and did so until the shock did not push back out or pull back in on its own. I think 1 or 2 of them did when I was compleatly done but either way I'm sure they don't now. Good luck.

cheers peeps! off to fil 'em up now! heheheheeeehehhehhehhee hahahhaaaaahhahahaaaaaahah HAHAHAHAAA HAAAAAAAAA *cough*

:)

I don't know if my way is right. But it made sence to me to use the bleeder hole to let the air out of the shock.
1 - I loosened the screw than filled the shock with oil.
2 - Tighten the cap onto the shock.
3 - Compress it. Air and a drop of oil will well up around the screw.
4 - Wait for the oil to stop leaking.
5 - Than tighten the screw for the bleeder hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks chap ... all done.

However, i've hit a major problem and I don't know what to do about it.

I've got the new IRC Rear tie rod mount installed on the rear diff box as the intruction show. BUT the new mounting position is further out from the diff box than the standard mount position. Meaning that the tie rods are now too long, so I shortened the one i'm working on and now through the a-arm travel the rear wheels are actually 'steering' ... i'm stumped as to how to fix this ... any input would be great as I can't really carry on with the install until i've fixed this problem.

am I supposed to be using different tie rods or something ... it was all going so well up until this point ...

:(

Its been a long time since I put those on but I know my stock tierods worked. The tierods should be in front of the shock tower and the shocks on the rear of the shock tower....scroll up and look at oregenmuds truck.

Hey BlazerX,

I've got the whole setup as per the manual and this picture:

tie-rod2%20copy.jpg

I just can't seem to get the tie rods setup correctly. going through the travel on the suspension the read wheels are more or less steering!!!! I've been playing around for about 3 hours trying to get this right. I know i'm a newbie 'n all that but I feel like a complete idiot at the moment!!!

I'm not sure how to help as the only way i have installed them is on the front of the rear shock tower, but that was on my extended chassis and I have pleant of room between the tank. You can do this to if you are running a stock length chassis and a mit-tank mod otherwise a extended chassis. This way there is no need to touch the tierods. Another option is to get the Integy Rear Hub Carriers which will eliminate the rear tierod also. Sorry this really doesnt answer your qustion but it is a few different ways to eliminate your problem.

thanks for that chap ... i'm off to my local hobby shop to see if they can help ... so fed up!!!!!!

duh! ok, where is the dunce hat??? I was putting the wheel end of the tie rod DOWN into the carrier from the top not UP into the carrier from the bottom ...

ok, i feel like a total T*T now ...

haha! ok thats going to be in my review ...

i've hit yet another problem now ... i've used too much loktite on the steering posts and i can't get the ******* things off the aluminium plate ...

any ideas about getting something like this loose? what about soaking it in some meths to break down the loktite?

this is all doing my head in but i'm learning a lot!

A little heat usualy works fine to break down the loctite. Just be careful of the plastic bits.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back