cabon fiber XL chassis ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vios8820

i have few question here...

i planning to goes to CF chassis after i see my Stock X TVP a little bit out of shape already.. so is those CF chassis a good choice ? or just GET super thick chassis .. the reason i want a cf chassis is because is very light .. i also want to make my Savage as light as possible..

whos used CF chassis ? whats the pro and con's

and last question if have CF chassis is that possible that i can mount battery holder from flux ? because i going to XL flux once my F4.6 Engine fails ^^

i know there is alot of pros in term of look and wheight .. :D

is it really brittle ?

Brittle ..........................................

You obviously have never owned or run the www.platinumrcproducts.com carbon-fiber products.

i know there is alot of pros in term of look and wheight .. :D

Vios, get them from www.platinumrcproducts.com. I have ext, bankrupter has XL & they are UNBELIEVEABLY tough.

I am so satisfied with this purchase i also got: shocktowers, servo plate, skid plate, motor plate and lower bulk plates. Best Hop Up parts ive bought yet.

The C/F TVPs are designed and drilled to accept all the flux parts, you just bolt them up. & I POUND this truck!

DSC_0430.jpg

DSC_0429.jpg

ya if the manufacturer is using the good quality cf then its as strong as the stock ones and jason at platinum rc products uses only the best carbon fiber and believe me it can take a beating........

ive seen carbon on many things on RCs and off other applications and still....
i don't care how good the carbon is:

~ Brittle
~ Cracks
~ Mesh seperates

a few for thought^
maybe for a the first while that CF TVP chassis would hold up but i can almost guarantee it wouldnt last nearly as much as "stock" nor as solid as alloy "stock" as some have claimed.

to each thier own...but i think carbon is left to the racers not the bashers.

well i shouldnt have commented anyway i guess as i have never used it,but have heard from other members its holding up to some pretty hard bashing thats all i meant..

yep. there are all different manufacturers of carbon-fiber parts.

i don't race only bash & by bash i mean go after Huge air.

if you choose a carbon-fiber set-up, give serious consideration to platinum rc. they are tough & light.

ive seen carbon on many things on RCs and off other applications and still....
i don't care how good the carbon is:

~ Brittle
~ Cracks
~ Mesh seperates

a few for thought^
maybe for a the first while that CF TVP chassis would hold up but i can almost guarantee it wouldnt last nearly as much as "stock" nor as solid as alloy "stock" as some have claimed.

to each thier own...but i think carbon is left to the racers not the bashers.

This is all BS... If you have trouble with carbon, your not using the right carbon!

Quasi ISO is UNBREAKABLE. I have been running my CF savages for at least a few years now give or take a few months and 30+ feet of air no failures on lid, nose, side landings ETC.

Not to mention it has break warranty... I only had to buy it once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bQ5mCjuJg It does this all day long... my alloy truck made it4 jumps b4 it failed.

I also slammed a dodge durango wot on my flux 65-70 MPH HEAD ON dead stop, no failures.

PRC FTW! The proper hard core bash set up is a race set up ...

Last edited by a moderator:
The only PRC/carbon product I currently have is the wing plate but I can say this, it is far from brittle, it hasn't cracked nor has the mesh seperated/edges frayed.

With the wing and stay sticking right out the back of the truck the whole wing set-up is extremely vulnerable when cart-wheeling at high speed and (badly) jumping and landing on the back end, both of these I have done plenty of and needless to say I'm now on my forth wing and third Hot-Bodies wing stay, they get annihilated but the carbon wing plate, well give it a wipe and I could probably re-sell it as brand new and unused.

I must admit I was skeptical about CF at first and is why I only bought the wing plate, as a tester if you like and I'm now that impressed by it that I'll be buying LCG shock towers soon as I can afford them.

If you want CF, go PRC.

Quasi ISO is UNBREAKABLE.

x2. When I got my wing plate I put it on my desk half on half off, put near all my weight on the end hanging off the desk and boy, I'd never break it in a million years, could feel a tiny amount of flex in it but that's it, if it were brittle it would just snap and not give a lil flex.

x2. When I got my wing plate I put it on my desk half on half off, put near all my weight on the end hanging off the desk and boy, I'd never break it in a million years, could feel a tiny amount of flex in it but that's it, if it were brittle it would just snap and not give a lil flex.

this just made me LOL caz me & my buddie tried to break my mid-tank plate the same way when i got it & almost broke my wrist. plate is fine tho.

LOL, This is funny. Brittle huh. I had a 1 1/4" wide 4mm thick and 14" long piece one time that I supported by the ends via a 2x4 on edge and 12" between the inside of them and stood on this in the middle. This piece held me with no show of breaking. I'm 202 Lbs +/-2Lbs.

This piece had just been cut on the cnc the same exact way all of my parts are cut.

I also currently have 3 savage trucks that run extended chassis that are loaded with almost all the parts I make for the savage. The first is nitro and was made from the very first parts we ever made this, chassis has atleast 12 gallons of fuel threw it and has been beat to He!! and back. The second Nitro was put togather roughly a year and a half ago has roughly 5-6 gallons on it of hard bashing. Just like Bankrupters stuff. The third is my XL Flux (Link in signature) has 1hr and 30min run time on it and lots of cartwheels and tumbles, hit the light poll at 40+. Never busted a PRC part yet on anything.

Matter of fact have only replaced maybe 2 parts ever these were our PRC145 due to design puts lots of stress on the 2 mounting loations but is still a great part and very durable just not quite as much as the PRC184 due to mounting low and high.

I wish I had a testomonial page on my website cuz I got hundreds of comments with very little negative. The only negative was from fit issues with the millions of aftermarket/ stock parts out there and 99.9% of these issues have been fixed thought the years.

But i'll let all you gratious customers out there do the talking. LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Back