Buying used savage flux, old model, need some help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizilux

Hello all... I used to own traxxas summit few years ago, but i then sold it because it was too booring for me, too slow and tires were too soft for anything serious.

anyways, recently i had an itch to get back into RC scene again. So i decided to get used savage flux HP. I don't have much choice in my country. I'm from Europe, from Slovenia... So right now there is literally just one of those for sale... rest have engines and that i don't like.

It goes for around 230€, problem is... its quite old model. It still has dual spring setup, and I've read that those were quite bad, compared to single big ones... So my question would be, can i somehow swap them later on for single ones?

it has this engine and esc: XERUN Series Brushless Power System Combo for 1/8 Car
hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=236

here are a couple of pictures. (i cant post links yet)
imgur.com/a/Js6Bw
(I do not get this many tires with it, he sold them already)

I will also be doing test runs in near future, so yeah i aint buying it just based on pictures.
He did say motor gets a bit warm, but nothing serious. My question to you guys... after 15min of racing or whatever... how warm should motor be? Can you put your finger on it and hold it there? Or do you have to remove finger after few seconds... Any input here would be amazing, since i will test this.

I already have 2x ZIPPY Flightmax 5800mAh 2S1P 30C and charger from few years when i owned traxxas summit. I might get another pair of batteries later on.

Hi Bizilux,

No problem in changing the shocks, I would suggest this for less weight, less maintenance and improved handling with single big bore shocks, I revently bought another set of 4 big bore shocks from the U.S. on eBay for 70 AUD.

I'm not sure what mine is

I bought thunder tiger g3 mt4 new one plus batteries for 500€
Super excited

That's great, brand new so you can create your own history..

I had a lot more to write on the savage in my last post however became preoccupied and didn't get the chance.

Have fun with the tiger ..

Latest posts

Members online

Back