Buying a new savage flux hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
I'm debating whether to buy a savage flux but with after market electronics from hobbywing. I'm buying the truck used off of someone but in amazing condition and many upgrades. the only thing that I'm not sure about is the ESC and the motor. Leopard motor 4082 (1600kv, 120 amp, 3500 Watt) - Hobbywing EZRUN 150Amp PRO esc.

My question is are they reliable electronics or rubbish? the seller said they are almost brand new and used only ONCE for 15 minutes.

should i Buy the truck?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craf...tr/1081406603?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

imo hobbywing are very good electronics. they aren't as good as tekin or castle, but then again, they're less expensive also.

I would go for it.

The only this i don't like about the ESC system is that it isn't waterproof. is there a way around that?

I know there's plenty of videos I waterproofed my mamba max pro and it's running in water. Knock on wood. Just thought maybe some of the esc's out there might not allow access to the mother board. As long as I can open it and take it apart there should be no problem. I use liquid tape.

There's no way he paid $350 for the electronics. I paid less than that for a Tekin RX8 and 7.5 motor, which is far superior to what is in the truck. I think the price is way high, even with the upgrades. Get a new one from tower, with their club prices and save around 15% off the advertised price for RTR. I personally have had really bad luck with integy aluminum parts. You can buy it new for $544.00:) The electronics thet come stock with the truck are really awesome....fast with just 2S.....3S is out of control.

You suggest I get a new truck you mean? I'm getting two 3s nano tech 5000mah 30c batteries as well included in the deal.

My opinion only. Any time you buy something used that seems like "a really good deal", be careful. Ask yourself, why does this truck have new electronics?, why does it only have 15 minutes run time?, Why does it have cheap electronics replacing the really good stuff it came with? Granted, there seems to be some worthwhile upgrades, and some that are IMO, not very good upgrades. As for the batteries, you have no idea how they were treated, and even if they are any good. BUY New, get a warranty, and some peace of mind. Everything but the batteries for less than what you are looking at paying. I noticed also this purchase is from Canada? Who is paying the shipping? Not cheap from Canada. Even if you buy PayPal and have some recourse for not getting as advertised, or some other problem, who pays return shipping? Buy from Tower and get new batteries. Theses are some of the best batteries I have found at a very good price. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=59165 Take a look, and just be sure to buy from east or west US warehouse. Shipping is about $7. If you buy from there international warehouse, shipping is WAY HIGH! Bottom Line...Your money, just give all this some thought.:)

My opinion only. Any time you buy something used that seems like "a really good deal", be careful. Ask yourself, why does this truck have new electronics?, why does it only have 15 minutes run time?, Why does it have cheap electronics replacing the really good stuff it came with? Granted, there seems to be some worthwhile upgrades, and some that are IMO, not very good upgrades. As for the batteries, you have no idea how they were treated, and even if they are any good. BUY New, get a warranty, and some peace of mind. Everything but the batteries for less than what you are looking at paying. I noticed also this purchase is from Canada? Who is paying the shipping? Not cheap from Canada. Even if you buy PayPal and have some recourse for not getting as advertised, or some other problem, who pays return shipping? Buy from Tower and get new batteries. Theses are some of the best batteries I have found at a very good price. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=59165 Take a look, and just be sure to buy from east or west US warehouse. Shipping is about $7. If you buy from there international warehouse, shipping is WAY HIGH! Bottom Line...Your money, just give all this some thought.:)

you forgot about the 150$ servo HS-7955GT 333oz torque

Latest posts

Members online

Back