Buy or don't buy?? RPM Stablemaxx wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVYDUNBROKE

New to the forum...been stalking it for a week or two and really love the info. I have a set of the stablemaxx wheels on hold at my lhs with 14mm hex's. I have 17's on my truck and was wondering if the swap to 14's is a bad idea and if the wheels are a good investment? Really interested because the width the add. Any input will be appreciated.

I.M.O i would stick with the 17mm wheels,go with 1/2 inch off set wheels to widen the stance of the ride,and welcome to the forum,cant beat this forum bro.aloha

Thanks...the lhs had the 14's in stock...What is the difference? Do the smaller hex's strip more? 17 RPM's or a different wheel? Thanks for the reply was wondering if I would get any. Just don't want to waste my $$$!!

welcome to hpisf savy. i would also stick to the 17mm hex and as for rpm wheels if they are anything like the rest of there products they should be good

Staying with the 17's then...hope the lhs dosent get to upset that he ordered 14 hex's for me. He's gonna have to order the time to fit my hex's. Thanks guys.

heres the ones i use ... pretty much only wheel ill buy any more ... 14mm hexs never failed me even with the paddles on assphault...

IMG01019-20100505-1533.jpg

Thanks Max...that X is sicker than the 3rd floor of the hospital. I'm goin with what he's gonna have for me. At worst ill still have my stockers for backups if something happens. I'm learning its best to have 2 of everything anyway.

thx .. thats just one my twins i run at the sand dunes,,,, as long as you keep the wheel nuts tight they will hold up .the back side of the wheel is nice . its reinforced near the centers .. like i said i ran my sets for over a year beating on them on assphault as welll as dunes never striped a hex ever on the 14mm. even with my lrp engines .. have a set on my xl as well.. youll like them ... ohhhh they dnt have air holes ... so drilll holes behind them before mounting the tires so they can breath,,,

IMG01024-20100506-0853.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MjQtMjAxMDEyMDctMTE0My5qcGc-1.jpg

. ohhhh they dnt have air holes ... so drilll holes behind them before mounting the tires so they can breath,,,

RPM says to vent the rubber and not drill that rim.. that will void the warranty aswell

This was my first savage ... BTW they suck ! (sorry max)

Feb27_0003.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/justin11275/stock savage/Feb27_0006.jpg

Don't worry about stripping the hex ... it will rip out b4 that will happen. (Stripping occurs when the nut gets loose not from power, Just FYI)
Mar11_0010.jpg

Mar11_0009.jpg

Mar11_0007.jpg

Mar11_0008.jpg

This is me unmouting the trash ... they broke running over a one inch in diameter stick at WOT RPM arms and RX boxes are good. Rims suck ... Also they would not warranty it! So the " lifetime" is very limited ... Stay away form this rim on a savage. A lighter truck my work well ...
Mar13_0006.jpg

Mar13_0013.jpg

Or learn the other way ...
buynow-1.jpg

They (stablemax) have been redesigned but RPM does not recommend this style (one in mine and max's pics) on the savage there is a stronger version of it, just don't look as nice ...

If you look close you can see the stick I hit in this pic... its also 50F degrees that day don't let the left over snow fool you that they were brittle from cold

Mar11_0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm runnin the axial .32, great mill so far. Thanks for makin the decision easier for me....What size bit and how many holes?? I also notice you don't have any body holes...windshield or engine. This dosent cause you any heating problems? F body looks great.

nope dnt have over heating issues when running a lil ritch .. it gets to 120+ degrees here in az .. i run my trucks with the lids on it and they dnt over heat i just do...lol and yeah id think freazzing weather would make most plasticks shatter .. love the flames on the hood btw bank....

lol bank.. what you do to them? i beat on mine n never had issues yet .. i didnt know they warrentied the wheels lol i drilled mine ..

I honestly just ran over that stick Max. it was way above freezing thats just left over snow pack down from a good 24 inches. you can see the mud and grass in the rim the ground was a sponge... Venting the rubber is better for any tire then the rim anyways. A leather punch works best 4 holes at 12 3 6 and 9 o'clock helps expel water and other issues as well. But some guys fear it ... Trust me they don't hurt it.

I was so mad back them I made this. There is threads here about it somewhere I was not digging them out of the archives for this ...

Mar11_0007-1.jpg

Ahhh!! Now I'm back to confused!!! Your thread was the one I seen before bank, that's the reason I was looking for input. It's good to see both sides tho.1in stick dosent seem like it would do such damage...maybe some hard bashing beforehand started the problem???? What is the name of the other model?

i say get them ... run them n when you break one get another kind .. lol you already have them on hold .. you wiont be disapointed i dnt think... i beat on mine never had issues ... he said it was cold out so might been a factor.... the other ones are called revolvers..

lol agreee 100 % lol thats why i got the ones i did plus they loook like the real ones i seee on jeeps here all the time ... and everyone has such a different experiance with parts ect .. so just go for it n hope you have a great experiance with it .. . get pics when you get them and what rubbers you slapping on them?

i say get them ... run them n when you break one get another kind .. lol you already have them on hold .. you wiont be disapointed i dnt think... i beat on mine never had issues ... he said it was cold out so might been a factor.... the other ones are called revolvers..

Max I said it was **not** cold out. the rims I run now would never do that at below freezing ... don't put words in my mouth! I think these rims are ***pure trash*** (for any 8th scale that gets run, not even run hard). 10th scale Id say go for it but I don't like to see guys glue up 40+ bucks in tires to have to unglue them and risk wrecking the rubber. Maybe they hold up in sand over 80F out but most things are fine in sand... its only hard on bearings

ohhhh sorry banky.. didnt read it right .. my bad .. sorry bro,... just saying each person has different experiances with things n mine hold up fine on my trucks . they might work fine for him as well...

lmfao I'm not excited ... don't take it that way. I don't care what anyone runs if they got the money to blow.

Easy Guys....I'm glad you stand by your opinion bank and hate they didn't work well for you, however I feel obligated to get them b/c they have been off the shelf at the lhs for about a week. As far as rubber...not sure was gonna throw the factory rubber on b/c I don't know of a good tire for my app. I'm open to suggestion there also. It would be nice to have 2 sets of rubber ready at all times. I'm gonna be running some at the bmx track which is dirt with asphalt corners.

Easy Guys....I'm glad you stand by your opinion bank and hate they didn't work well for you, however I feel obligated to get them b/c they have been off the shelf at the lhs for about a week. As far as rubber...not sure was gonna throw the factory rubber on b/c I don't know of a good tire for my app. I'm open to suggestion there also. It would be nice to have 2 sets of rubber ready at all times. I'm gonna be running some at the bmx track which is dirt with asphalt corners.
ahhh always easy ... with he asphalt Id go for a tire that will hold up like the ummm poo cant think of its name ill post back

Lol. Do that bank. I Jus need to go the trial and error method with the tires I suppose its hard pack with like I said rough asphalt turns. And I'm also not sure how long ill be able to run before I'm kicked out...we'll see. Try the fac ones first and see how it goes. Is there a multi- purpose tire dirt/asphalt?? Seems like a big diff in surface. I'll probably be on road Jus as much as off. Maybe Jus a set of good road? Then I can switch back and forth.

With the BMX track do what me and fred did and become active with the organizers help do clean ups and go to some of the grooming days. The bikes do more damage then your rc can. So if you work with them, they will let you...

On the tire Id go with the badland its good for all around use and has enough tread depth to last a long time in these conditions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvWG5cq5uPU they work ok at this track

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back