Busted bearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNation

Mister QUESTION with no SEARCHIES
I have a busted rear axel bearing that shattered in a savage flux Integy rear Hub. The outer rim of the bearing is stuck in the hub and I have no idea how I'm going to take it out. It's quite jammed in there.....here is a pictures:

image.jpg

Ya I agree, heating the hub a bit then lightly punch it outta the bore, best clean up the face a bit with some emery paper or a small hand file before fitting in a new set of bearings...

Alright.... It's in the oven at the moment but I'm just gonna use pliers for now.... Wish me luck.

That bearing isn't going anywhere!

This is what I did with a stuck clutch bearing once:

I got a piece of dowel that was oversized for the bearing, trimmed it a bit so that it would still be a tight fit. Tapped it into the bearing. Flipped it over, screwed a wood screw into the dowel to expand it to an even tighter fit, then wiggled the bearing out. I did use penetrating fluid to lubricate the bearing and possibly swell the dowel.

There is more than one way to skin a cat this is for sure, put the hub on a piece of wood with a hole in it larger than the bearing race and punch it out with a small pin punch......

Ok I got it out.... I drilled a hole from the bottom of the hub upwards to where the drill bit intercepts the bearing. I got a hex driver and hit it with a hammer until the bearing broke. I got a flat head screw driver and hammered the bearing out. I sanded everything down and now it's good. I will post a picture soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Back