Bumper options??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiend

T-Bone Thrasher: meant to be good, obviously offers some protection... but looks like ass, I really don't like the way it fits over the current bumper.

Integy alloy series: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integy-T50...20&sr=8-2&keywords=hpi+savage+xs+parts+integy +PLUS+ https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integy-Hob...20&sr=8-1&keywords=hpi+savage+xs+parts+integy - bumper alone would look totally bitching with my increasingly orange theme, but needs skid plate to go with it which is more £££ and maybe ott gaudy, also unknown quantity for how well it protects.

Are there any other options??

for your bumpers you want plastic, T Bone are some of the best available and offer very good protection whereas alloy bumpers and skids will bend and stay bent....

I run a t-bone with wheelie bar on the rear and stock on the front. I didn't put huge rubber stoppers between the bumper and the skid on both ends too so they wouldn't flex so far as to destroy the bumper supports.

I wanted something to help avoid the rear of the body catching grass and folding up/breaking every time I did a wheelie. The t-bone is just barely long enough to do that, but it does.

I don't think it looks too bad.
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-ExhaustHigh.jpg

2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-Clearance.jpg

stopped hitting trees and fence posts

Oh..... :wideeyed: I'm still working on this bit. I haven't gone into a lamp post for quite a while... But learning to land jumps properly, the bumpers are taking a bashing. Still intact for now though.

Oh..... :wideeyed: I'm still working on this bit. I haven't gone into a lamp post for quite a while... But learning to land jumps properly, the bumpers are taking a bashing. Still intact for now though.
My bumpers are scratched up pretty badly from pretty much the same thing. After awhile it gets a nice patina and starts to look pretty cool.

I recently purchased the complete set from t boned racing. Front bumper covers damn near everything up front. Rear w wheEly bar opton is also pretty stout. Only downside I can see is the wheels on the wheely bar will most likely take a huge hit in a continuous cartwheel crash. But it's lifetime warranty. Pictures in the show off thread. Doesn't look bad on the xs. It is 40+ dollars

Yeah I've just ordered front and rear bumpers, not wheelie bar as I'm not bothered about wheelies plus it was a bit pricier. £30 inc shipping so not bad. Now just gotta work out how to get some orange metallic on it somehow :wacky:

Got the T-Bone thrashers. £30 plus £12 customs charge. These better make the wee car invincible for driving into trees, lampposts, solid ground from 15' up, etc etc (not that that happens much :rolleyes: )

Just installed my T-Bone bumpers on my XS Flux. I took off the solid cylinder held on by 2 screws on the front bumper. Did I need that? It fits perfect without that piece

Nope.....but now you need to find somewhere else to screw that piece on, just for fun.

Any idea what that piece is and what is the purpose? Thank you:)
If it's like the savage X nitro version, it's there to support the bumper/skid when it flexes back. When I installed mine on my X, it was angled a bit high and went over the top of the bumper. So, I drilled out the holes a little bit and mounted it under the bumper vs on top like the instructions showed. Now if I flex the skid, it makes contact with the piece and adds more support. I probably should have ground a bit off the stock skid so it would angle down even further, but it makes solid contact as it is now.

Close up:
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-SpacerPlacement.jpg

Rear:
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-Rear.jpg

If it's like the savage X nitro version, it's there to support the bumper/skid when it flexes back. When I installed mine on my X, it was angled a bit high and went over the top of the bumper. So, I drilled out the holes a little bit and mounted it under the bumper vs on top like the instructions showed. Now if I flex the skid, it makes contact with the piece and adds more support. I probably should have ground a bit off the stock skid so it would angle down even further, but it makes solid contact as it is now.

Close up:
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-SpacerPlacement.jpg

Rear:
2015-1106-SavageX-TBoneSkid-Rear.jpg
I called T-Bone a few days ago and they told me it was an old design and they have not updated it. So removing it from my XS Flux was correct:D

Do you guys recommend the tbone wheelie bar for the savage xs. I have the stock wheelie bar for the xs but doesn't seem to work very well. Every time I try to do a wheelie the truck just flips on its back. So annoying

Latest posts

Members online

Back