BulletProof Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevage

What are some good upgrades to make my savage alot tougher than stock.I'm in the process of getting RPM arms and i also want to get stronger shock towers and bulkheads in the near future.Are the Nova shock towers any good and who makes the best bulkheads.

Hey stevage...

Get a stronger steering servo...
Nova shock towers are awesome.. I don't run them b/c plastic parts is what your should stick w/ if you want a bulletproof truck.. the plastic will flex

I do run flm and gpm alloy bulkheads . this will help save your diffs.. I like the FLM better tho

definately grab a better steering servo and move the stock one to your brake-throttle!! a really popular one is the hitec 645mg. u can grab one on ebay for like $39.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats the servo i run as well(hitec 645mg) great servo for the price

yeah i looked at the futaba servos because futaba actually makes the stock radios for hpi i was told and man there like twice as much for the same power!! hitec 645mg= best bang for your buck!!

i have had bad luck with the hitec 645. i run a cheap high torque steering servo with metel gears and have not had a problem with it so far put it in a gal ago. I have heard good things about hi tec that is why i bought mine but i personaly have not had any luck with them.

I have tried the futaba servo also and no luck with that either and your right they are real pricey.

Thanks guys, i'll just stick with the stock shock towers then.

idk if ur post was towards me cause of my sig i want to get the name changed but i haven't asked yet lol. well any ur best bet is to get:

stainless stell duel brakes: http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/87150.html

shocks: http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/A712.html (ebay $65)

get a hump pack thats next on my list

get this engine plate: http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Savage-X-He...ryZ44028QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem ( i have in in purple and its about a 1/4" think and doesnt have the braces cause its i piece)

stay stock with the arms unless u wanna go with rpm

better servo

and thats all i got now

Does anyone have the integy engine plate.is it worth it get or is there better ones out there.

Nobody Runs The Aluminium A Arms? Thats What I Run On My Savvy And I Love Them But They Are A Little Heavy. The Only Part On My Savvy That Is Plastic Is The Uprights And The C Hubs And Body Everything Else Is Alloy And Titanium

Nobody Runs The Aluminium A Arms? Thats What I Run On My Savvy And I Love Them But They Are A Little Heavy. The Only Part On My Savvy That Is Plastic Is The Uprights And The C Hubs And Body Everything Else Is Alloy And Titanium

Unless you get Super-Strong Alluminium it will bend/brake on your first hit.
While plastic will still brake, under the impact on which the Alloy ones would bend the plastic just flexes and returns.
And when you brake plastic ones, their dirt cheap to replace while Alloy cost $$$ to replace!

Yeah My Whole Savvy Is Aluminium And I Bought The Good Stuff 7075 Aero Space Grade Alloy. My Truck Has Been Bashed To The Max. I Will Be Posting Some Pics Of It But I Need Someone To Give Me The Ins And Outs Of The Site I Am New Here And I Would Like To Join The Croud This Site Is Awsome.

Aluminium is nice but for racing and bashing plastic all the way here not only that if you hit something most likely that aluminium is going to break so might want to stay with plastic. just my 2 cents

if you choose your hop ups wisely u can bullet proof without making your savage weigh 20 pounds!! u have to keep in mind, the more weight the more wear and tear on your engine right through to your drivetrain!! just my 02 and once alum gets all scratched up it don't look nice anymore anyway lol

Yea,plastic is the way to go.Hey NITRO ADDICT,i see that you have the new era super duty springs,I'm thinkin about gettin some of those.Are they worth it to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love them actually!! there nice and stiff so if I'm jumping it doesnt bottom out at all, just don't go crazy on shock oil weight or it bounces like a beach ball!! lmao I'm running 35wt silicone shock fluid and its perfect for me!! so yes i think there worth the money they really are "super duty" and i love dealing with new era, would recomend them to everyone!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back