• Build your own

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • X SS

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • X RTR

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jurgen

Alright guys I have a savage X with a F4.1 a friend of mine wants it but i have not made up my mind yet what i want to do . We don't race we just bash them my s25 did just fine stock and this one has not failed me yet . I don't know where to start if i was to build my own like some people mentioned and its probably gone cost too much . I can get either a savage X SS or X RTR for a good price with the Tower Discount .
I want to know what you guys think .

I said build to suit last night in the shout. Its all about your skill level. Most previous owners know the savage in and out. I don't use much box parts so its pointless for me to buy a full kit and stock up on stuff I toss. HPI still gets my funds for the parts I do use and does not loose the sales...

i voted "build your own" as in buy a set of tvps & buy parts here & there.

thats how i built the flux, it was fun.

saved a ton of $$ buy not buying a truck & tossing parts away when i upgrade.

so can you guys send me some links of what parts i need ? what tvps ? diffs get them from ebay ? arms axles transmission etc .

so can you guys send me some links of what parts i need ? what tvps ? diffs get them from ebay ? arms axles transmission etc .

All answers get deleted in the shout so I'm putting it here. I saw the placmen thing, he is good for stock parts. As you buy keep in mind shipping costs. You want to utilize the sellers to the best of your advantage. Look for people that can give you 3 or more items at a time. Buying one here one there kills you in shipping. as for Plac get the diffs tranny arms etc from him or any 1 ebay chop shop that can offer them all to you at a combined ship. as for tvps N stuff go to the mfgr. same with modded parts. These are specialty and hard to get deals on but, with the shipping and build savings allow you to get into trick parts at the same cost as starting with a full savage and stripping it out. Just plan b4 you buy ... Make lists and check them off!

So stock diffs arms and trans . what tvps and what modded parts we talking about ? stock knuckles cvd's ? What upgraded parts would i be looking beside the engine and tvps ?

So stock diffs arms and trans . what tvps and what modded parts we talking about ? stock knuckles cvd's ? What upgraded parts would i be looking beside the engine and tvps ?

that's all up to you ... there is about 50 different set up on the site to choose from. get reading ...

I am looking around , so since the X SS has many upgrades what are the needed upgrades that it would need if i got it ? If diffs trans axles spur dual disc what upgrades are needed ? i already have good servos wheels and badlands i can use for the SS kit .

I am looking around , so since the X SS has many upgrades what are the needed upgrades that it would need if i got it ? If diffs trans axles spur dual disc what upgrades are needed ? i already have good servos wheels and badlands i can use for the SS kit .

1 motor the stainless brakes suck so that is a toss out part. tvps toss rx box toss stock tank toss

http://www.sickhobbies.com/Main.html if you must buy and throw out here...
look up savage roller when you get on the site..

i voted "build your own".. I wished i had of got the ss kit or something to tell the truth, i went savage x rtr and it didnt have half the upgrades the ss kit had and when you build it yourself you will know every inch of your savage..........

I vote build your own. Good chance you have half of the stock stuff you will need setting in a box already and you can build a flm savage for the same price as a stock rtr. I priced it out before. If you already have servo's wheels, radio you could build a flm truck with rsc and a sh for the cost of a rtr. You may want to consider getting your list together and posting up a wanted thread here bet you get half of what's on it for less than you can get it from a chop shop for and help out guys who are setting on a bucket of parts at the same time. Check through the for sale section too you may be able to pick up a few things there too.

I have a Jr 9100T steering servo I have radios and receivers wheels/tires I will need a throttle servo probably a hitech or sf-2 or sf-5 then get the X SS or use the servos and radio and get all the other parts and build a flm truck .
I have not built a truck from scratch before but have taken my other trucks apart and put them back and I know it wont be a big deal I just don't really want to spend too much as I have other trucks too .
I can get the X SS for $330 shipped or the RTR for 365 shipped with discount .

If you get the as pull the 5.9 and put it up on eBay and use the money to get a better mill

I voted build your own. If I would have know what I know now I woundnt have even got the SS 5 years ago and just got a roller but live and learn.

Build your own. you gain lots of experience troughout the build. if you have to change a part you know exactly what screws to take out first and saves you a lot of time thinking "how the heck am i gonna get that part out?"

I agree with rc ch Ive said them words many times now its like I can take it apart and back together with my eyes closed.

voted build your own and besides as many times as the truck will be torn down it only makes sense. yes we like to help peeps spend there money but we also try to help make sure you get the good stuff as well.

eric....

so whats the verdict? which way you gonna go?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back