bug crusher tunning probs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

my friend has a nitrotec bug crusher we have broken it in. we can start it with ease then when you de-acellerate the engine just stops. is this too lean too rich. i got my savage running great but i just cant get this car going as well? what is the problem?
thanks
4x4

heres a link to the car http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/NBC-N.htm and the engine is a High performance Infinity 18 Engine and it has a roto carb and one needle for tunning. and it mainly only stops when you are going up a slight incline and slow down.
any help?
thanks
4x4

i think the idle is fine when i turned it up it started to move so it should be fine.
thanks
4x4

when you say de-acellerate are you hitting the brake or just letting it slow down on its own. If it dies when you hit the brake the idle screw could me too far out allowing the carb to close. If so just screw it in to where the carb keeps a slight gap. not sure on what gap is supose to measure.

its when you let it de-acellerate on its one i had that problem with my savage. could it be a bit lean or rich?
thanks
4x4

Well I'm no where near an expert but it could be too rich and over loading the carb. If it was too lean I think it would rev a little first then die.

i may return it to factory settings then try again i will also look out for the rise in rpm.
thanks for all your help
4x4

Latest posts

Members online

Back