Brushless vs. Nitro, who wins the race?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

People thought a BL build was pricey.. by the looks of it a nitro is more expensive and yet slower :lmao3:

i wouldn't drag race with a center diff... id put a flux trans back in with the 2 speed gearing, then yes i would take you up on the bet ;).

half of you have never seen a flux in person so you shouldn't be judging speed's, most have just seen video's

Last edited by a moderator:
If Matt has a 3 speed Ill put 100 on matt. Against a center diff Ill almost put money on the 2 speed.

But Matt you cant be afraid to tune the truck .... :lmao:

i wouldn't drag race with a center diff... id put a flux trans back in with the 2 speed gearing, then yes i would take you up on the bet ;)

+1, notice in bankrupter's post how he won't touch comparing the two geared with the same tranny or center diff?

let's recap: if you wanna say "the "gearing" of my nitro truck 3-speed tranny will beat gearing of a flux single speed or center diff," then you got a decent argument.

but

if both trucks run the same flux tranny then don't make a nasty bet with the dude at work without a jug of listerine handy :hardlaugh:

People thought a BL build was pricey.. by the looks of it a nitro is more expensive and yet slower :lmao3:

How did this thread become an argument over which is faster? Brushless or nitro. It was a counter part to the how much to build a flux thread.

i think ba's post up there de-railed it then the rest of us jumped on the band wagon (caz we kinda do that)

i'll split it off into a separate thread if ya want.

what the heck happened here o_O

how bout this, when we get a bash together freddy brings the camera bank brings his picco truck and we do a little drag... ill have to buy a new tranny for this but it will be well worth the look on banks face after he gets stomped on :O

how bout this, when we get a bash together freddy brings the camera bank brings his picco truck and we do a little drag... ill have to buy a new tranny for this but it will be well worth the look on banks face after he gets stomped on :O
ejtzx4.gif

Just doing the math I say flux would be faster but than again that aint no normal picco.

Word on the street is it isn't even a normal drag mod.

i run with a flux dosnt seem faster to me. just better controll in the air, and beetter take off. but all in all they seem pretty even. JMO

what tranny and Ill put money on it . If you on 4 s still don't even bother ... have you even ever seen my picco more then half throttle ? I know you haven't seen it on a 3 speed. I cant think of any time you have seen it go. I know fred still has not and he was around it the most.

Last edited by a moderator:
what tranny and Ill put money on it . If you on 4 s still don't even bother ... have you even ever seen my picco more then half throttle ? I know you haven't seen it on a 3 speed. I cant think of any time you have seen it go. I know fred still has not and he was around it the most.

if ba on 6s & you both use a flux tranny, i got $100 on ba's truck (provided he don't crash into somethin & lose the race).

if ctdpower builds your truck then i put $1,000.00 on ba :stickspank:

i don't need to see anything, there is no possible way that picco is hitting the rpm's the bl motor hits...
ill put the exact trans i had last time, with 2 speed gearing.
come spring i guess we will just have to find out :whip:
ill race you both on 4s and 6s (by then ill prob get a cheap set if i have the $$$)

i don't need to see anything, there is no possible way that picco is hitting the rpm's the bl motor hits...
ill race you both on 4s and 6s (by then ill prob get a cheap set if i have the $$$)

That's one race I would love to see happen.

NITRO Wins because nitromite says so.lol just the sound of them wins, you just need to know what you are doing with nitro, ele is plug n play elementary. but like i said i run with a flux they are very impressive, and very nice when neighbors are complaining about your nitro. so maybe it would be nice to have both??

people SSSSOOOOO underestimate the ERCM Picco........but i know better......

NITRO Wins because nitromite says so.lol just the sound of them wins, you just need to know what you are doing with nitro, ele is plug n play elementary. but like i said i run with a flux they are very impressive, and very nice when neighbors are complaining about your nitro. so maybe it would be nice to have both??

Why I have both .... Had to have the easy days too

imma change ur screen name to Fluxomite... Muhuhuhahahahahaa!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back