Brushless Losi 8ight-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Well someone asked...so I shall deliver. More pics and descriptions later...

As delivered race roller (minus engine & wheels):

5744a4eb.jpg

Here is a progression of Losi upgrades and brushless conversion in chronological order oldest to newest:

DSCF5557.jpg

DSCF5555.jpg

dec54ef4.jpg

5c6a60fe.jpg

d9dfcddd.jpg

DSCF5942.jpg

035aa720.jpg

DSCF6083.jpg

2bb3b648.jpg

DSCF6929.jpg

DSCF6927.jpg

DSCF6992.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome build Chris. bet your dying to run it. Video.

Man that is nice! I have been drooling over the 8T's ever since they came out a few years ago, and brushless ones are just that much cooler :)

Man that is nice! I have been drooling over the 8T's ever since they came out a few years ago, and brushless ones are just that much cooler :)

Yeah I looked at a lot of truggies before deciding on the 8T. I've got a few 2.0 pieces in there too. The only things left to make it a full 2.0 are things like shock towers, and extended a-arms.

Thanks for the compliments! :jamout:

Clocked 44.7mph today on the GPS. That's 4s LiPo with 16/45 gearing. I'll have to see if I can get some higher tooth count pinions and see if I can pick up a few MPH.

DSCF7047.jpg

DSCF7049.jpg

One thing is for sure...use loctite on any screws that go into metal surfaces! Lost (2) motor mount screws and a steering turnbuckle screw. :duh:

i say you can easily adj your gearing caz you seem to rip wheelies on the low-end without problem.

not seen another trugg do that before. keep us posted. nice work Chris.

Clocked 44.7mph today on the GPS. That's 4s LiPo with 16/45 gearing. I'll have to see if I can get some higher tooth count pinions and see if I can pick up a few MPH.

DSCF7047.jpg

DSCF7049.jpg

that is kick-butt. but now you got me wondering if there is a way to start/stop the gps so we can see how quickly your hitting top speed?

am i asking too much? rockout

that is kick-butt. but now you got me wondering if there is a way to start/stop the gps so we can see how quickly your hitting top speed?

am i asking too much? rockout

Thanks...the wifey got a real kick out of that! Perfect fit too.

Dunno about others, but mine doesn't have a start/stop that would get the info you are asking about. I can clear the settings and go for a run...but no way to stop it and look. I can tell you though it gets to top speed very very quickly.

Wondering which tooth-count to go with? 16t is not quite there...20t may be too much. The reason I am taking a while is the price of mod1 pinions. hehe

I can tell you though it gets to top speed very very quickly.
i bet it does! ive seen the vid & i can tell.

Wondering which tooth-count to go with? 16t is not quite there...20t may be too much. The reason I am taking a while is the price of mod1 pinions. hehe

see if this will shed some light on the pinion-gear without putting you in the poor house http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_solver.html

i bet it does! ive seen the vid & i can tell.

see if this will shed some light on the pinion-gear without putting you in the poor house http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_solver.html

Thank you, I'm about 4mph faster than the calculation but it helped! Gonna go with 18t and make near 55mph. That's fast enough for me!

New record. Fresh charged LiPo made 46.9mph pretty good. Ran real hard for 15mins on 4500mah pack and got to 197 degrees. I'm good for more teeth for sure. Still not running hot which is good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back