Brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adb140275

aka Ebee
Has anyone ever used Kershaw's direct drive brushless conversion?

http://204.186.93.64/Savage-DirectDrive.htm

That would appear to be stronger and more efficient than modifying and using the transmission. If anyone has used this setup, please give me your feedback, good or bad.

yes i have used it, it has its advantages and disadvantages, its nice cause it does lighten things up in your savage and works great i loved it, it could handle the 6s power no problem i didn't run the the second version of the direct drive so i don't or can't tell you what improvemnt were made but over all i enjoyed it i used it till i felt i got my 100 bucks worthl.

but then theres the fact that if you snap a dogbone or shred a gear you have to get parts from him, cause the dogbones are different the gears are pretty exposed to what ever you maybe driving on weither it be dirt or sand or rocks even with a skid plate my gears in it are pretty chewed up. if the gears were some how covered it would be perfect IMO. then theres the mounting of the esc you arn't left with many options cause you motor is mounted in the middle of the back wish i had pictures never thought about taking any, lol.

I'm not hatin it i loved it still have it in fact and used it pretty recently although i now use the flux tranny. i just found it easier (finding parts that is).

but its up to you weither or not to use it hope this helps and that i didn't for get to mention something

With the HPI conversion kit do you use the stock transmission? I see an extra gear in the picture but not sure where that would go.

Latest posts

Members online

Back