Broken Tranny?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage89

Last time i drove my savvy i was doing donuts thwen i heard a pop noise now when i push the truck on the floor the spur gear doesnt spin but this happens only when you push it forwards has anyone had a problem similar to this?

that's how the transmission's s'posed to operate...can't help you with the "pop-noise" though...

Do you have a Reverse modual installed? You may accidently ingaged it? If so, thats likely the same symptom I remember. if it is the reverse mod, you'll need to get the gears that are toast in the modual out, and replacements in. if it's not the rev.mod, then the tranny has issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doobee bud, put your truck on the floor...push it forwards...then backwards...it will function exactly as Savage89 is describing...it may turn both ways, but if you apply any resistance against the spur, it will only spin with force, when pushed one direction...there's a one-way inside the tranny...it's perfectly normal behavior for a transmission...

Yes,... That's true. I was thinking of the time my reverse mod took a dump and it didn't turn the spur at all. But that's cool. There may be more to it than I'm aware of. Good luck with it. The popping noise is what made me think, rev.mod. Just for the heck of it, with the power off at the reciever, move the lever of the reverse mod all the way in and then push the truck. Now try it with the lever fully pulled out from the tranny.... What happens?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I'm sure. i ran it today and it seemed fine so i just said whatever. i just got in my new motor today to. i took my old one out but i coyuldnt get the fly wheel and stuff off so i just decided to take it down to my lhs and let them do it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back