Broke Savy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleSix

U run nitro? I'm sorry.
I recently got my first Savy with a axial .28 spec 1s. Was told the motor only had 1/2 gallon on it. Once I got it and checked it out , it hardly had any compression at all. Since I'm not working right now, wife won't let me get a new motor, so I just sent the piston and sleeve for a pinch. Well got it back and got about 2 1/2 tanks through it and the rear driveshaft from the trans to the rear diff snapped in half. Also noticed that the header seems to be leaking where it attaches to the block. The gasket looks ok, but when I put the header on it seems kinda loose around the gasket. Doesn't seem right. Do I need to stack gaskets to make it work? I guess it'll just go back on the shelf for now till I get back to work.

Thanks guys. But I really don't think the wifes going to approve me any more cash. She really can't stand me spending $ on my toys since I'm not working. Doesn't help that evrytime I run one something breaks! Thought this hobby would be cheaper than the quad. I might've been wrong.

knowing these two guys i doubt there looking for money. just helping a fellow member out. I'm guessing you cover shipping and u get the parts. if you don't have it guys let me know ill shovel a trail to the garage and have a look. I'm sure i have something.

Can I assist
NITRO034.jpg

WOW screwed that up

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! It would be really helpfull! Hopefully one day I can return the favor! LMK.

This place is all about passing it forward. Weather a part or information we all help each other out. That's what family does.

Thanks guys. But I really don't think the wifes going to approve me any more cash. She really can't stand me spending $ on my toys since I'm not working. Doesn't help that evrytime I run one something breaks! Thought this hobby would be cheaper than the quad. I might've been wrong.

Yea your in the wrong hobbie if you cant spend money on it my man !!! .. seriously its 20% drive and 80% wrenchin...

That being said .. I'm cerious about the pinch job you had done on it .. i have allways wanted to have this done . Where did you send t he sleeve ? and how much did it cost ya ????

Yea your in the wrong hobbie if you cant spend money on it my man !!! .. seriously its 20% drive and 80% wrenchin...

That being said .. I'm cerious about the pinch job you had done on it .. i have allways wanted to have this done . Where did you send t he sleeve ? and how much did it cost ya ????

Don't think I'm in the wrong hobby. Just kinda hard to keep dumping money into the toys when I'm not working, but still have bills to pay. Anyway, I got the pinch from RayAracing. $26. Says you should be able to get 3 or 4 more gallons out of it.

I have what ya need too - I have spare dogdones (do you have an XL? I am assuming it is not...) for ya if you need, I can send you a full set...

I don't have any gaskets, but it looks like everyone has you covered there...

One thing you will notice about the family here - we do our best to get each other's backs :)

Bob

Thanks for all the offers to help fellas! It's nice to see so many people that don't even know you offer so much help, as opposed to some other sites where everybody just talks alot of poop! Thanks alot!

Now as far as the exhaust gasket it looks to be in good shape. It's just that when I put the header on it is not snug, like I think it should be. Now what I'm wondering is do I have to stack 2 gaskets or something?

Now as far as the exhaust gasket it looks to be in good shape. It's just that when I put the header on it is not snug, like I think it should be. Now what I'm wondering is do I have to stack 2 gaskets or something?

Nope should be one gasket and it will fit SNUG like you gotta give it alittle push to go over the coupler. what coupler you using?

Gasket always has a bit of play in it. You should be fine so long as no exsust is leaking out around it.

Droped the bone in the mail. It is in a plain white envolope so don't mistake it for a bill.

Gasket always has a bit of play in it. You should be fine so long as no exsust is leaking out around it.

Droped the bone in the mail. It is in a plain white envolope so don't mistake it for a bill.

Thanks alot! Really appreciate your help!

Yep HPI header is crap and doesn't fit very well. My lhs had some thicker gaskets forget the brand but it snugged it up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back