breaking kills!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillhunter

I have finished my first rc kit and this is the first time i have been around these little killers. I cant figure out why the engine dies when i use the brakes. i have played with the servo endpoint adjustment and it helped but i was wandering if someone could tell me how to eliminate the issue THANKS!!!!

the engine idles fine and when i just go slow and hit the brakes then everything works fine but when i romp on it and when i am just cruising really fast and hit the brakes very hard then it just dies.
I noticed that when i hit the brakes it looks like it closes the throttle all the way on the carb but it only kills the engine when i am going fast. do i maybe have the linkage wrong or something

If you haven't touched it, then the linkages are fine. You could be running a little fat. Either way, take the smallest allen wrench your savage came with and turn on your radio gear(transmitter and receiver). Remove your air filter. Apply the brakes on the truck with the transmitter. Make sure that the opening on the carb is not smaller than the 3mm wrench. Otherwise, this could cause your dying issues.

there should be a screw next to the High Speed needle that sticks out of the carb at about a 45 degree angle, you tighten and loose it accordingly. The manual should show the proper adjustments. but that needle is what sets your idle and carb spacing. Before touching it though, be sure your transmitter adjustment is in the center.

by smaller, I'm referring to the opening in the carb while the brakes are fully applied. That gap should not close smaller than 3mm ever.

Chunky Monkey said:
by smaller, I'm referring to the opening in the carb while the brakes are fully applied. That gap should not close smaller than 3mm ever.

But doesn't the manual say that it should be 1mm?

I thought it was 3mm...Either way, refer to the measurement with the manual and set for the proper gap, should solve the problem of the idle at least...

mine idles..... perfectly actually but like this bloke if i hit the brakes when moving bye bye hpi, and the think shuts off...... :(

its annoying when its along way away, lol...

these should have electric start which can be remote opperated:p

i've had that problem some too.... with my savage and other trucks and all it takes is adjusting the idle screw:)

thank you for the help it runs and works great I also had a problem getting it to shift but i got that adjusted to just about perfect now so that thing screams and is almost to much to handle (man these things are a blast!!!)

yeah i set mine it idles ok now when at running temp anyway befor it warms up can cut out a couple of times

Latest posts

Members online

Back