Breaking in the new motor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merc man

Got two tanks throught the savage of my sons. I got a couple traxxas tmaxxs of my own. I do got to admit I'm starting to like the savage. It steers a whole lot better the my old tmaxx classics.

The lrp motor seems to be good so far. It didnt wanna run worth a darn for the first half tank of the first tank. The second tank it ran flawless and never stalled once.
Was a little woried at first that i may have just waisted 300 buck on a junk motor but think its gonna be good now.
Couple more tanks and i can cracker open a little. I cant wait to see what it will do.

Ouch, $300 on an LRP? Which model? Not uncommon for LRPs to enjoy a long break in to really ring all the performance you can out of them. So be ready for that. But once that is out of the way they are fantastic engines.

will take more than 5 tanks to break that LRP in fully. be gentle on it the first half to three quarter gallon.results will be worth the wait

Ya 300 is a lot but this is ontario. Everytings more here. Cross a river and stuff is cheaper.
Its seems good so far but when the tank gets half way down it seem to act up a bit. May have to look into that. Mabe put different style tank on it. We got almost five tanks through it and the darn throttle servo crapped out. My poor boy cant win for loosing on this truck.lol will be a bit befor i get into the hobby shop. Closest one is about an hour.

Oh ya its the .30 modle

Attachments

• 20170505_100115.jpg
    20170505_100115.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 1
You can always manually open the servo and prop the wheels off the ground and have the truck go thru some gas that way. set it on blocks or a 12 pak works good too. just put down a rag becuz it will let out oil from it running. open the servo enf to get the wheels turning.

I have the same engine on my X. I could not get it to run worth a crap with the stock tank, no matter what I tried. I tried raising the tank, removing my primer bulb, lengthening the line, tuning when half empty... it just ran bad no matter what.

I threw on a 125cc buggy tank and it ran great.

I've had 4 or 5 LRP's over the years. All of them didn't put out their best power or hold the best tune until you get 3/4-1 full gallon through them. After that, they are stable as a rock all day long.

Latest posts

Members online

Back