Break Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

I'm haveing break problems with my X it seems that if I turn the break adjustment screw counter clockwise until there is no break drag in neutral, I have no breaks when I push the trigger on my radio forword to the break possition. And if I turn the break adjusting screw clockwise to add more breaks, then I will have a break drag while the trigger on my radio is in neutral!! I'm running the stock servo that came with the truck, and am useing 4 AA batteries to power the servo, infact I just replaced the 4 AA batteries this mornning but it did not help. Any anfo will be appriciated.
Paul

Is your servo not working like it should? Or is the linkage messed up? If your running the stock servo than it is very weak and doesn't give the best stopping power.
By what your saying it sounds like you know how to set it up right. Were they working fine before and now they aren't? Have you looked at the brake disk?

The breaks on the truck were never really good, but they were better than they are now. I never messed with the linkage except to try and adjust the breaks via the break adjustment screw, and no I have'nt looked at the break disk. I wish I could give you more info than that

Have you replaced the spring on the linkage with a piece of fuel tubing? If not, do so and your brakes will be better. I would really recommend getting a stronger servo if you can afford it. Upgrade the steering servo with a nice strong 140 to 200 oz one and than use the stock steering servo for throttle/brake if you can only afford one.

You should also make sure the brake disk hasn't gotten worn out. If it needs replacing than try out the Vertigo brake disk. I have heard great things about them. I have one myself, I'm just waiting for my current disk to wear out first so I can try it.

Also I would suggest going to a hump pack battery. There is a big difference running your servos at 4.8v (4 AAs) and 6v (hump pack).

Members online

No members online now.
Back